Valentino F/W 09.10 : Iris Strubegger by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Look, this was an old-lady, dowdy collection. M&M and Iris have managed to turn it into something relevant and at least exciting, because the clothes were anything but.

That being said, there was simplicity to last season's ads with Stephanie Seymour that I do miss here. All in all though, Iris looks incredible and adds such a regal element to the images.

^^^ I agree youarearockstar. Mert&Marcus have managed to turn the collection into something that looks edgy and unique.

I'm loving the whole film-noir-esque vibe of it. I don't know about everyone else, but I get a David Lynch vibe here. It's very dark and mysterious but also very sensual.

The casting is a bit avant-garde for a first season campaign though. I'm not sure the women that would buy those clothes would necessarily be drawn in by Iris' aesthetic.

Valentino has always been about strong-classic beauty and femininity. Iris just doesn't capture that. She looks stunning, but is she's more of Balenciaga, Givenchy material.

also, one thing I forgot to add, she has a masculine face, so with the lighting and make-up combined, she looks a bit drag queenish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it. It turned into something that I could actually expect from the photographers but not from the collection. However, I'm not so sure if it fits the label.

I like the colours and the lighting, the ads are way better than the colection! I think that Iris is a very unusual choice for a Valentino campain and the first picture is quite tacky.

I love it! It's nice to see a woman with a unique beauty in this campaign. She got amazing legs :blush:

awful imitation of MM's previous works, while Iris herself is glaring

Reminds me of Julianne moore's last Vogue Paris cover

She fits the mood of the photographs perfectly... I also like the third one the best

Valentino is like a spaceship flying out of control. You just dont know whats going on anymore. Iris.......she's cool, but this is just ridiculous.
The open leg shot is dreadful.

Her pose and her expression is really intense which i really like.

^Tell me about it. The whole thing needs to be disposed of in one of those really big black garbage bags. You know like the ones you can put clothes in for the Cancer Foundation and stuff?

i like Irin i like M&M but this is very dark to Valentino look chaep and the concept is boring no like me next!!

Iris is fierce, but otherwise BLAH to Valentino. That house is dead to me. And its dead in terms of flogging that dusty, fusting archive too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->