Valentino F/W 09.10 : Iris Strubegger by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

These ads kinda lose something from Steph ads last season but I can't figure it out somehow.

^Really? You think Stephanie's were better?

I really like it, especially the colours. I don't see how Iris looks forced or fierce here, in fact I think she doesn't even do a fierce expression here she's just looking like her normal self which is kind of boring but I think Mert & Marcus always let her look like that. Maybe they are rying to show the soft side of Iris, if there is one. :lol:

I agree Stephanie's ads were better, they were simple and elegant,
the way a Valentino woman should be. It was true to the roots and Mert & Marcus
did a great job making it very contemporary at the same time which I love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? You think Stephanie's were better?
Looking back at S/S 09 ads, I find it more 'captivating' because for me, Steph sells the clothes very well with her hands and all.

I love it. It's so gorgeous and sharp that I almost forgot about the designers and the collection.:heart::rolleyes:

she gives the same face in all 3 pictures. its ok

Isn't Valentino meant to embrace feminity and elegance...? I just think that Iris is a very masculine type and I don't really like it.. :S

I think this turned out pretty spectacular considering what they had to work with.^_^

Oh my Gooooood Iris is so elegant ! Really I'm in love with those ads :heart:

Here, Iris reminds me of Iselin in the S/S 2007 campaign because both girls have such strong looks. But this season's one is classier and more appealing to me. Iris looks way too masculine though..

spike...i totally thought the same thing (re: the daria comparison)...
i also like the coloring of these...it feels more fall/winter...
i too loved stephanie's ads, but i don't feel that concept would have worked for fall...'

considering how sh*tty this collection was, i think these ads look amazing...

the colours are fabulous !!!! i am se-ri-ous !

the thing is very Valentino - imo, but smells very different woman at the same time. maybe that's because of Iris. I don't know.
it just miss a man ...

not beyond amazing, but i wanna see more ...

This is pretty effective IMO:D
Iris just projects in these ads and I like the darkness and being that the collection was crap and full of bright colours, they've done a damn good job.

Iris looks good and I love the colours. The open leg shot is too much though.

Well, the good news is that it's not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Iris doesn't look that bad because she doesn't look like herself, she looks more like Daria W. I still don't think she's right for Valentino, but again, it's not terrible. I do hate her poses though. Guess they're trying to recreate last season's Madonna for LV.

I like it despite the reminiscence to the past. The colours and the darkness work for me! :heart: Iris is doing a great job and I like how they've chosen her, it gives a different feeling.

What a pleasant surprise after such an awful collection. I love how dark it is and Iris fits perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->