Valentino F/W 10.11 : Freja Beha, Monika Jagaciak & Tati Cotlar by David Sims

tarsha

Reaction score
fa31038996be.jpg

wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice image; I'm excited to see more. It's funny that critics first reprimanded these designers for relying to heavily on the valentino of yore, when they are distancing themselves from that image more and more each season (and which may cause them to lose their jobs over, if the recent articles on the company's falling sales are any indication).

Especially the first shot doesn't look like the typical Valentino ed for me, but I like it so far and can't wait to see the other images.

So beautiful. It really is a great image. I love how dark it is, and yet it still is innocent. Very interesting.

those two shots do nothing for me, i can't wait to see the others.

I liked the classic Valentino aesthetic so this is really unappealing to me. I don't mind moving the brand along, but this seems like a whole new brand. Other than that, I like the second shot in the dress, but the first one... yeah, that should cause some controversy, no?

Also, I fail to see how Freja fits into this whole thing with Monika and Tati?

NUDITY LOVES COMPANY: One doesn’t usually equate the word “shocking” with the house of Valentino, but there’s a radical image change afoot there. The fall campaign, which breaks in the July issue of Italian Vogue, has a new photographer — David Sims, who replaced Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, making this his first Valentino campaign, and mixes nudity in with clothed models. Creative directors Maria Grazie Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli opted for black-and-white and, for the first time, chose to shoot in the house’s historic Parisian headquarters in Place Vendôme. “The idea is that of an unexpectedly intimate black-and-white portrait with candid shots of unconventional, delicate and individual beauty and a more dangerous undercurrent,” said Chiuri. Added Piccioli, “We believe it is a very modern and feminine vision and we wanted to show each woman’s unique personal allure.”

The three models chosen to pose for the moody images are Freja Beha, Monika Jagaciak and Tati Cotlar, while Alex Gilbert provides the male presence. Each photo features two side-by-side shots of the same girl, one where she’s decked out in fall attire and the other naked, but cropped or posing to discreetly conceal her more intimate body parts — so magazines will run the ads.

wwd.com

Wow, a nice change from Mert & Marcus' ad. This looks good. Can't wait for Jac's! :smile:

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. There's something haunting about those two images, kind of melancholy even. I get why some might not like that, but I think it's a fantastic change of pace, and the result (so far) is beautiful.

I'm actually surprised by this. I really like it. The photos are sublimely beautiful together.

Very eye catching and very haunting but in a good way. Absolutely beautiful!

I hate to say this but Dree's ads last season were WWAAAYYY better than the one currently posted. Although I am eagerly anticipating the release of Monika's and Freja's take in this ad. Hopefully they'd be better than this one :shock:

I want to see shots with Jac. I think it will be better. I hate Tati's face on the right side of this picture :yuk: She's so rugged.

The first (left) photo is too.....distracting...

With all that's been going on, you think they would've realized that it might not be a wise a move.

the repetition of the same models give me a headache :doh::(

she looks like a child prostitute in that shot.

Don't like it at all, oh well...at least Freja's in it.

It's hauntingly beautiful, a huge step up from the S/S 2010 campaign, for sure. The shot on the left is basically unnecessary since it doesn't showcase any clothes, but it's nevertheless my favorite one. I was dubious about Tati being featured in this ad, but this first picture totally proves me wrong! I'm even more smitten with her now :crush:
ETA : I'm very curious to see Freja and Monika in it, as well!

these pictures don't do anything for me, buuuuut..... freja is in the campaign too :buzz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->