Valentino Haute Couture F/W 2019.20 Paris

While I don't personally like his couture collections, it's impossible to deny the degree of craftsmanship which went into these looks. It just looks impeccable, and I've not even looked at the stream yet.

But his recipe is getting stale now. Ornate and OTT floor-length dresses in campy colours and detail contrasted against accessible daywear ensembles. I'm bored.

I'm sorry but this is terrible. I get the craftsmanship aspect, but that's part of any couture house's legacy. This is just tacky, would take Chanel over this any day of the year!

He's getting more and more ridiculous with his DRAMATIC COUTURE, especially now when every single brand has done a shapeless, voluminous gown. When he started with this aesthetic, I thought that he would eventually evolve his ideas but it seems that it's quite impossible. Those ideas aren't even that fresh now. He's literally stuck in a rut, just like his infamous friend Maria Disgrazia.

I'm on his fanbase and I hope he stays at the helm of Valentino for many and many years but these do not resonate with me. Probably a matter of personal taste because I can see the design process, understand the inspiration and, as always, stay in awe of the craftsmanship. It's just too colourful and heavy.
That said, you can bury me in this. It doesn't photograph as nicely as I expected but during the livestream it looked divine. (And the silver Grace Jones hooded dress, of course).

VOGUE.COM

That cute tall guy next to Pierpaolo will be the next star designer.

Oh, the collection. It's Maria Grazia with color.

I nearly puke when I saw the first look... (and a couple of the subsequent odd-numbered ones)

Can he go back to his fall 2010 haute couture collection I miss that a lot...

I nearly puke when I saw the first look... (and a couple of the subsequent odd-numbered ones)

Can he go back to his fall 2010 haute couture collection I miss that a lot...

his fw collection? THEIR fw HC collection. I hate to say this but the best Valentino was when they both were there

Riot at the haberdashery!! All the ornaments available in the world fighting each other for a minute of attention here!

his fw collection? THEIR fw HC collection. I hate to say this but the best Valentino was when they both were there
Both of their current collections are leaving me dizzy (not in a good way) and it’s 3am on my side hence the his-hers-them-theirs situation lol

I highly doubt that if the both of them reunite they can create anything decent again... the sad state of fashion we are in now *sigh*

Anyway I see a lot of Alber Elbaz’s Lanvin in this collection (especially one of the turquoise look with the jeweled gloves) hmmm...

A friend of mine who was at the show said that she felt forced to get up because he took the bow with the Atelier...

Truth to be told, it’s a terrible collection...No matter how beautifully made his clothes are. Those clothes were taking over those women...And he had an amazing cast. Unfortunately, none of them were believable in those clothes.

I was afraid for him doing the same thing because it was impossible to top what he did...And he failed.
It looks OK in photos but quite terrible in motion because those clothes looks so heavy and they do nothing for a woman’s body.

I like some dresses but for me, there’s not enough balance in the silhouettes and the styling was quite terrible. The moppy thing and details throughout the show was a bad idea.

There are too much gimmicks.
Maybe the same collection, re-sized could have been fresher.

This Couture season is so weird. My favorite show so far is Ralph Rucci, followed by Alexandre Vauthier. I have a soft spot for Margiela but i’m waiting for Fendi.

YIKES what happened here???? I used to love his solo collections but it's been messy for a minute now and this?????

Most of that collection is a visual atrocity that would make every single one of Valentino's pugs go blind at the sight of it.

Although I see he was kind enough to make a dress for Grace Jones.

Well, it couldn’t stay good forever. What the heck are those awful pieces covered in what looks like mops? They remind me of Fendi Fall 2007 and they were much more chic.

That first look is an atrocity. Do we still have that "Ugliest Dress" thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->