Valentino Haute Couture F/W 2023.24 Paris

They got to wear flats (hideous flats) and still couldn't walk. It's ridiculous at this point. I am surprised none of them had fallen down the stairs.
The collection was laughable. Everything looked so sloppy and pedestrian. The huge venue only highlighted that.
Menswear was unnecessary. He should start doing thematic collections again because each show feels more random.
Not sure what was he trying to say with Kaia's look but I am going to explode if I see another designer trying to do a couture version of jeans.

Lousy.

THIS looks like RTW.

I didn't see anything that couldn't be made in a factory.

I don't think Valentino is going to show an actual high heel on the runway ever again under PPP.

I love fashion shows. I really do…it’s what first attracted me to the industry and I still consider it the epitome of a designer’s creative expression. But please…for the love of God…can we please stop with the endless runways, the gimmicky destinations, outdoor locales and whatnot; ESPECIALLY if you can’t back it up with exceptional design. Just put up a tent in the Tuileries, build a beautiful runway and let the models walk up and down. Stop distracting us.

it was a little all over the place, no cohesion or real storytelling however, there are stunning looks which unfortunately do not make a brilliant collection.

I think he has it but he self-sabotages himself.

those horrible flats on every single look apart from the white lace look (which looked gorgeous!) were a choice. a terrible one.

I love fashion shows. I really do…it’s what first attracted me to the industry and I still consider it the epitome of a designer’s creative expression. But please…for the love of God…can we please stop with the endless runways, the gimmicky destinations, outdoor locales and whatnot; ESPECIALLY if you can’t back it up with exceptional design. Just put up a tent in the Tuileries, build a beautiful runway and let the models walk up and down. Stop distracting us.
Yes !! Totally agree.

It's a disaster of epic proportions, there are maybe 4 or 5 good looks, but overall it isn't a collection of couture outfits, it's a collection of VERY BAD ideas, a masterclass of sh*tshow; from the 1st look to the last.
PPP is so sloppy.
And I feel extremely bad for the poor girl who ended completely exposed.

Oh definitely. I just stopped watching fashion show videos in general. Just an endless runway with terrible camera work and a thousand different angles showing how large the venue is.

I'm wondering if it's because they want to invite every influencer on the planet and can't fill a smaller venue?

Saw the opening look. Then the scale of the venue. I’m waiting for images, because I was not putting myself through this stream.

Choice of music is kind of funny though at the start. About leaves falling down and they’re wearing flats this time…

Oh definitely. I just stopped watching fashion show videos in general. Just an endless runway with terrible camera work and a thousand different angles showing how large the venue is.

I'm wondering if it's because they want to invite every influencer on the planet and can't fill a smaller venue?
The whole "ginormous mile-long runway with bountiful fields and a castle" schtick is a side effect of Chanel's grandiose shows. When they started their collaboration with Etienne Russo back in 1999, the staging of their shows became quite spectacular and even more so in the late 00s. To add to that, there was also the addition of the Cruise and "Métiers d'Art" shows with their foreign locations.

I'm actually quite surprised that before Ghesquière in 2014, Dior was the only house following that destination show idea (albeit on a much smaller scale at the time).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I reaaaaallly LOVED it
He is great and he delivers... I understand the criticism but i watch it and i fall in love with it
One thing i noticed: the flat shoes are killing models feet, i could see the pain...they are Just too flat, believe me, i talked to my traumatologist you should always have some inches of heels... No wonder i go to Zara and they copy those super flat ones... They are painfully flaaaaat! I hate those... The bow is lovely and fantástic... But please make it a bit of a heel in there

Tbh I personally like loved the use of the pantoufles as the element of irony in the collection. Every good narration needs “conflict” and imo this was it. But apart from that, the collection was preliminary. The clothes, didn’t feel fresh, except maybe a few toward the end. To wit, the shapes and fabrication aren’t anything we haven’t seen from him (or Roseberry for Schiaparelli) before. Other positives include the score and the casting. But can we move on from this trend of mile-long runways, please? And those steps! I feel for the poor models.

They got to wear flats (hideous flats) and still couldn't walk. It's ridiculous at this point. I am surprised none of them had fallen down the stairs.
The collection was laughable. Everything looked so sloppy and pedestrian. The huge venue only highlighted that.
Menswear was unnecessary. He should start doing thematic collections again because each show feels more random.
Not sure what was he trying to say with Kaia's look but I am going to explode if I see another designer trying to do a couture version of jeans.

Even when he does flats, they’re a hazard; I’m surprised only one model tripped. I assume the model were instructed to walk languidly, given how restrained normally energetic models like Mariacarla Boscono and Yasmijn Wijnaldun were.

I reaaaaallly LOVED it
He is great and he delivers... I understand the criticism but i watch it and i fall in love with it
One thing i noticed: the flat shoes are killing models feet, i could see the pain...they are Just too flat, believe me, i talked to my traumatologist you should always have some inches of heels... No wonder i go to Zara and they copy those super flat ones... They are painfully flaaaaat! I hate those... The bow is lovely and fantástic... But please make it a bit of a heel in there
Those flats have extra large bows, but when walking the models were stepping with one foot on the bow of the second foot, it is so stupid, you can see many of them tripping on the bows at the corner where they turn to face cameras.... It ends looking like they have webbed duck feet. Surprised no one crashed in the stairs.

It's such a confusing offering! The opening look has nothing to do with the rest and could have been designed by Jacquemus. The menswear could have been either edited out completely or added to the RTW collection as it brings nothing new to the brand's narrative. Then, the rest is not as bad and messy as the summer couture collection, but it still feels pretty done. Some of the silhouettes felt really uncomfortable in movement, for example with feathers slapping a model's face, not to mention the shoes. I think PPP has already said everything he had to say at Valentino and it's time to shake things up in a more coherent way.

This should have been edited a lot more. if the basic looks (im looking at you farmer jeans) were removed and he kept only the best pieces, it could have competed with his first couture collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->