Vancouver/Seattle vintage shopping

so_jealous

Reaction score
I'm heading to Vancouver and Seattle in a few days and I was wondering if anyone knew really good vintage stores? I've been to Vancouver a few times before but never got good shopping done so I'm hoping to vintage shop and go to Holts. (Which is WAY better than the one out here) So any suggestions?

I don't know about Seattle, but in Vancouver, there are sooo many vintage/consignment stores. I'll list some of the popular ones for you. Most of the stores close by 6:00pm. Hope you enjoy!:flower:

Virgin Mary's: 1035 Commercial Drive

Barefoot Contessa: 3715 Main Street
Burcu's Angels Funky Clothing: 2535 Main Street
Front & Company: 3746 Main Street
Legends Retro Fashions: 4366 Main Street

Cabbages & Kinx: 315 West Hastings (Downtown Vancouver)
Deluxe Junk: 310 West Cordova (Downtown Van)
Antix Clothing: 1072 Davie Street (Downtown Van)
True Value Vintage: 710 Robson (Downtown Van)

No problem! and if you need any more shopping tips, just let me know! Yeah, the Holt Renfrew in Vancouver is way better now..it used to suck big time before! They just started to carry Christian Dior (bags, shoes...).

Couture_Whore said:
I don't know about Seattle, but in Vancouver, there are sooo many vintage/consignment stores. I'll list some of the popular ones for you. Most of the stores close by 6:00pm. Hope you enjoy!:flower:

Which stores would you say are reasonably priced, and which ones would you think are pverpriced? ...and the product, which stores generallly have better stuff?

I think the stores on Main St. are pretty reasonably priced except for Barefoot Contessa. That store tends to jack up the prices by almost 50% on the exact same merchandise or accessories you can find somewhere else. I haven't been to the stores downtown in quite awhile so I can't really remember the prices, but I know they weren't overly expensive. And as for the products, the stores constantly bring out different things so you never know, but I really like Front & Co., and I have to admit, I do shop quite a bit at Barefoot Contessa (even though not all their stuff is vintage). True Value Vintage is kind of a rip off imo, so I haven't gone there in sometime, so it might be different now, i don't know..:huh:

aww, that's ok, i don't even know what all that karma thing is about anyways!

Seattle

Heading to Seattle?

Head straight to Capital Hill/Broadway. You'll find some decent vintage shops there.

The U-district is another "hipster" hangout with a few more shops.

As a whole, we don't have much of a vintage shopping scene here, despite our elitist hipster image.

Couture_Whore said:
No problem! and if you need any more shopping tips, just let me know! Yeah, the Holt Renfrew in Vancouver is way better now..it used to suck big time before! They just started to carry Christian Dior (bags, shoes...).
Do you know if they carry Chloe bags - Paddington or Silverado at all? Or the Bottega Venetta selections and the Fendi Spy Bag? I'm trying to get my parents to buy me or pay for half for my grad present.

for seattle for shure go to the freemont area. the downtown of freemont is for shure the best vintage shopping in seattle although there are only about 4 stores they are all pretty good. also broadway, but i dont think its as good as they only have 1 acually vintage store (redlight) however it is pretty big

so_jealous said:
Do you know if they carry Chloe bags - Paddington or Silverado at all? Or the Bottega Venetta selections and the Fendi Spy Bag? I'm trying to get my parents to buy me or pay for half for my grad present.

They had the Venetta's last time i was there, some of them were even on sale! I haven't seen the silverado or paddington there. Hope u get the BV, they are SO gorgeous!

so_jealous said:

Yup! I was just at Holts like last week and I saw the Bottega Venetta bags and I actually handled the Fendi Spy bag! So yeah, they do!

I'll be in Vancouver for a few days in mid-Jan. Are these stores still around and/or have new ones opened that anyone could recommend?

Thanks in advance!:flower:

I don't know which ones on Main are still open but if you walk Main between Broadway and King Edward there are alot of vintage stoers that you can just pop in and out of. I don'tknwo the names of them because I just walk into whichever one interests me. Euegene Choo is also on Main St a nd they sell alot of APC and other brands like that....

USED vintage on Granville St is quite good. It's upstairs across from Urban Outfitters. Look out for the sign on the street so that you don't miss the door.

Mintage in gastown closed down but they have a new location on W 4th between Burrard and Arbutus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->