Vancouver Street Style

i haven't seen anyone out in designer clothes yet

but i overhear some high school students talking about liking j lindberg and so on, but his designs are not exactly pushing design
i think maybe a lot of what is popular is just ordinary clothes in designer tags and prices. for example D&G jeans and cavalli shirts but nothing actually 'designed' imo ... nothing unique
even once i went to Holt's and some prada shirts costing $3,000 were very ordinary (nice fabric though)

i saw someone with a Fendi scarf on the cambie bus
first time i ever saw Fendi...

Holt Renfrew doesn't really have anything that special imo They only pick the key pieces of each collection. In the accessories department, all the big luxury brands are included and it's nothing we've never seen before (Mostly Prada, Louboutin, Balenciaga etc.) Chanel, Dior, D&G, Burberry & LV are among the biggest boutiques here in Vancouver. It's so depressing, I miss New York! :(

this is interesting, Typically when a boutique will not stay open unless it is profitable and you had mentioned that Vancouver even had Dior? We don't have Dior here in Chicago :( . I'm so engaged in this Vancouver Steet Style That when I get there I have to get to the bottom of this :D

and cato., i never lived in NYC only visited for brief periods of time and I always miss it.

BTW-how is Yaletown?

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly Kora! I wonder where they're all hiding out these peeps :P There are I'm sure huge Dries van Noten fans too esp on South Granville. I see a shop that always has his clothes in the windows

i think Yaletown is mostly lovely expensive apartment buildings, no? Seems like a living area.. There are a couple interior design shops carrying interesting lighting fixtures, etc. there. Another good place is Gastown, very cool furniture a lot from Europe :heart: but the big fashion brands are more to the west, downtown...

It looks like we are about 6-8 months away from moving there. I think Yaletown is the place we want to live, and like you said there are mostly high rises.As far as fashion goes, I'll be determined to find some well dressed folks :D

^ Yaletown is really lovely! Wonderful for taking little walks ... We should totally meet up if I'm still here :lol::winkiss: Vancouver streestyle generally reminds me of a watered-down version of LA streestyle.

A Vancouver meet would be great. I'll report back when i move there in a few months.

Count me in on this!! And I live in Yaletown so feel free to ask me any questions regarding the area...:wink: Walking the seawall is amazing...the condos are fab...the shopping is okay...there are lots of pricey little boutiques but it's hard to find anything that's truly unique! =p

i don't mean to offend anyone living in Vancouver, but this is pretty depressing!!! Isn't there any high fashion going on?
Vancouver is certainly not the city for high fashion.

what does it mean, high fashion anyway
i thought she meant designer clothes

Yes, that's exactly what I mean by high fashion=designer

Any more street pics? I might go spend a month there in the fall!

Hey guys :smile:

I'm currently in Vancouver and have shot a few chic people. Here are some of my faves:

Ken
3432390813_b95e1d2e2a.jpg

3432391831_8c46a09e7d.jpg

Tay and Mara
3433201146_51558f5b10.jpg

Jenny
3430220083_b0405374c2.jpg

Daniel
3430222211_9531a9d175.jpg

Saj
3431049102_ec3a45a052.jpg

i'm from vancouver too and find that the fashion scene here is a huge bore, especially compared to cities like NYC, London, Tokyo etc... but i have to admit it's gotten better, slowly but surely. i think that it's due to mass media exposure to things that celebrities are wearing, and the wealth of info/pictures available on the internet (blogs, forums etc) that have helped the creative juices here a bit. but it's definitely a 'westcoast' lifestyle--really casual, sporty, outdoorsy and comfy.

i'm definitely down for a vancouver TFS meet! it would be nice to meet some more fashion-minded people :smile:

Vancouver Style

I'm also from Vancouver, and I do find that fashion here is a bland. I haven't lived in other cities long enough to compare.

With that in mind, I notice alot of older people living in Burnaby still wearing color blocking 80s nylon puffer jackets in purple and turquise.

There is Roden Gray in Vancouver that sells Comme des Garcons Play, but even that is really tame, and the "experimental lab" section at Holts, which is supposed to be an avant-garde selection is really just full of minimalist black or distressed plaid shirts.

Vancouverites are afraid to take risks? I don't know, I wish we were more like Toyko :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->