Vanessa Hudgens Scandal!

misssakura said:
I've taken nude pics. Although not for anybody else. Just to see what I look like. Being naked shouldn't be that much of a scandal. So they know what she looks like without clothes on. It's not like she's standing there with somebody's severed head.

missakura, I'm so with you on this. I'm really fed up with this childish preoccupation with nudity on the part of the media. To treat some nude pictures of anyone, real or fake, like a crime is just ridiculous. I've taken nude pics, many many people I know have done the same. Its curiousity, for SOs. Even just for yourself. I totally realize I'm at the apex of bodily health right now, wouldn't you want to enjoy it? Real or not its a really benign shot as well. God forbid a fun loving 18 year old do this...This type of crap + jailed starlets is driving me insane, lets talk about hypocritical, homophobic senators that is scandalous.

Whatever I really like Vanessa, yay for more half Filipinos!!

I'm on agreement with you guys on this. In fact, I think there's a lot of hypocrisy involved. A nude photo taken in private doesn't necessarily reflect bad morals to me. No one is perfect. People are silly to put celebrities on pedestals and then when they realise they fallible humans after all, start to condemn them.

I don't really know about Vanessa by the way except that she's the girl in HSM.

^ I have to disagree with the 'celebrity on a pedestal' part... girls at my school take naked pics all the time, usually for boys who end up putting them on the net. And they get chastised just as much as any of these celebrities, just on a smaller scale- considering they aren't superfamous and all.

I've taken nude pics. Although not for anybody else. Just to see what I look like. Being naked shouldn't be that much of a scandal. So they know what she looks like without clothes on. It's not like she's standing there with somebody's severed head.

You are so great.:flower::heart:
That is so true!!!
What disgusts me isn't this girl having/taking/showing a naked picture of herself....
it's that someone thinks it's okay to invade her privacy and post it on the internet.

I understand she works for Disney and all...
but this is her private life!!!
Just imagine what some of those rich old men who work for the company do with their spare time.:innocent:

^ I have to disagree with the 'celebrity on a pedestal' part... girls at my school take naked pics all the time, usually for boys who end up putting them on the net. And they get chastised just as much as any of these celebrities, just on a smaller scale- considering they aren't superfamous and all.

Doesn't young ( and some not so young) Hollywood play out like high school drama anyway.
It's all so mature.:rolleyes:

I do feel sorry for her, since the pictures were clearly a private thing and we've all done things like that before and it's fairly harmless messing around as long as it doesn't get out. OTOH it was pretty silly to send it to someone or leave it on her phone not under password, or not print it, hide it and delete it or whatever.

Disney has sacked previous girls for smaller offenses before now, she might be able to ride it out since she is very popular at the moment but if Disney has too many parents complain or more than that one leak (there are supposed to be several more saucy ones), she's toast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope she can come back from this, because Disney only cares about themselves, and they might drop her. She has a squeaky clean look, so if Disney drops her it might be hard to get work until she starts to morph into a woman.

SMH.....I thought these celebs learned from everyone else who suffered fro the same exact thing: DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE (That means no pictures on film, your digital camera, blackberry, iPhone, Side Kick, etc.:(huh:

I don't get why she should take nude pics of herself to give to Zac Efron... Isn't he gay? :blink:
I know they are together but I thought of it as a publicity stunt...

See, I think the issue at hand is not that she's a silly little teenage girl who makes mistakes. It's the fact that she has greater responsibilities than those of an ordinary girl. Granted, these aren't some life-saving, world-changing responsibility but part of the image she upholds is one of a role model to the younger generation. I can't imagine that she doesn't know better. In our age of technology, what doesn't get out?

I know she's young but she should have considered all these factors working against her when she took that picture (or pictures. She has so much to lose, if I was in her position I wouldn't do anything irrational or risky because Disney is exceeding unforgiving. Of course I am sorry that she has her privacy invaded but she should have never stepped into that area.

She was trying to negotiate for more money on HSM 3 but now she is way screwed...and her record deals are through Disney too...she was supposed to be releasing a follow up to her debut this fall but now...

All of this smells like Baby V wants to shed her teen queen image and take advantage of the leaked photos. What publicist would admit that the photos are real? Most deny deny deny or spin to make the client look good.

Its a shame how the mistakes we make as children (and I consider an 18 year old to still be a child - granted I'm not much older but at 18 one isn't fully an adult) come back to haunt us.

Was it foolish? Yes, but I feel people often do foolish things without thinking of the full on consequences. Personally I don't find the idea of a private nude picture to be big deal - however the higher ups at Disney do when such things are leaked to the internet.

There will be other roles for her though. Perhaps its a blessing all honestly, as great as the Disney thing is she could never do it forever. Sometimes a massive scandal and/or bump in the road is a good means of reevaluating ones life and priorities. If she is interested in really truly acting then she should continue to pursue her dreams - she's come this far I hope she doesn't just give up.

I just hope this teaches her a lesson with regards to trusting people and/or keeping her private life private. I'm willing to bet that the person who leaked the photo was someone she considered a friend.

Quite frankly I'm surprised with the girl they've chosen to replace her. If they want someone who has a clean image they went with the wrong girl. She has quite a negative reputation in hip hop circles from what I hear.

:rofl: Honestly.

Well, the article front the page before was fake and I don't think Disney would discard her so easily.

We'll see, I guess

This is so vulgar and disgusting. I loathed her before and now I hate her.

Honestly, I'm more freaked out by how old she was when she took the pictures. Eh, she looks so young in them.

Source: ONTD

Vanessa Hudgens 'Embarrassed,' Apologizes for Nude Photo
Disney's High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens is speaking out after a nude photo of the actress hit the Internet on Thursday.

In a statement released Friday by her rep, Hudgens, 18, says: "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me. I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

On Thursday, a nude picture of Hudgens surfaced on multiple Web sites. The same day her rep issued a statement saying the photo "was taken privately. It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public." Then on Friday, more candid photos of Hudgens (clothed, this time) began surfacing.

There has been no immediate comment from Disney. The studio was in talks to bring Hudgens (who is currently dating her HSM costar, Zac Efron) back for more HSM sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->