Vanessa Hudgens Scandal!

Ugh imagine her family and FRIENDS seeing these pictures? That's f-ed up. She was the dumb*** who did it and now she has to face the consequences. I will be surprised if disney doesn't drop her.

there are worse things then a naked picture.
sure, bad for her career.
but still.

id be most peeved about my male relatives seeing me naked cause i think thaTS... =\

NEW YORK - The Walt Disney Co. is sticking with the 18-year-old star of its wildly successful "High School Musical" franchise, despite her "lapse in judgment" in posing for racy photos that were leaked to the Internet.

Vanessa Hudgens apologized Friday for the photos, which show her smiling as she posed naked and in underwear in a bedroom with a red curtain behind her.

"Vanessa has apologized for what was obviously a lapse in judgment," said Disney Channel spokeswoman Patti McTeague. "We hope she's learned a valuable lesson."

She said negotiations were ongoing to land all the actors for a "High School Musical 3" feature film — including Hudgens.

Hudgens, who played the brainy Gabriella in the first two made-for-cable TV movies, told her fans she was sorry.

"I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos," she said. "I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

Hudgens' publicist, Jill Fritzo, wouldn't say anything about who took the pictures and how they slipped out onto the Internet.

The bookworm Gabriella was the love interest of Troy, the basketball star played by pinup king Zac Efron. The sequel's premiere on Disney Channel last month attracted more than 17 million viewers, making it the summer's most-watched TV program.

Hudgen is a superstar among the preteen set, and Disney has spun a wide merchandising net around the series with albums and concert tours. She and Efron reportedly date in real life, making them big attractions for celebrity magazines.

The films' wholesome nature — for a company that has made its name on family-friendly fare for generations — is a big part of its success. Parents can relax with their children watching, knowing it won't make for any uncomfortable questions.

Gabriella and Troy coo, they make googly eyes, they barely kiss. Gabriella would doubtlessly blush at the idea of a young actress posing for nude photos.

If Disney executives had cut ties to Hudgens, not wanting the company's name associated with anything not G-rated, they would have run the risk of upsetting a formula that has made the company millions upon millions of dollars.

How would parents explain to the show's young fans that the old Gabriella was being replaced by another actress?

"That's her private life, not her public life. That picture got leaked by somebody who broke a trust with her," said Michele Smith of Westborough, Mass., whose 8-year-old daughter Kathryn is a devoted "High School Musical" fan.

Dropping her from future movies or other "High School Musical" projects would not only be unfair to Hudgens but to fans such as Kathryn, Smith said.

"If Vanessa is not in the movie, my daughter would not be so excited to see it," she said.

Smith said she hopes that Kathryn doesn't hear about the photo but, if she does, she's prepared to talk about it. She'll say that it's something private for Vanessa that shouldn't have been shared.

The best thing for Disney was to do nothing, said Michael Levine, a Hollywood image consultant and author of 18 books.

"What they shouldn't do is make a bigger deal out of it than is necessary," he said. "The picture is not salacious."

Michael Sands, a publicist whose clients have included the divorce attorney for Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline, said Hudgens should be commended for coming forward quickly and saying it was her pictures.

"She's very talented and this is a big cash cow for Disney," he said.

source

Aww, that's good! I'm not a HSM fan (never seen it), but I think it'd be more ethically dubious to drop Hudgens over it than the actual act of taking the photos. They weren't especially explicit. It must be punishment enough having the entire world see you naked and chastised for it.

I kind of wonder why her PR people would be so quick to confirm the authenticity of the photo. I mean there was some serious speculation whether or not it was her. When I first saw it, her face was blurry and I thought it was a fake. I'm sure they know better than I...but still.

it kinda seems like she set it up herself or had something to do with it :ninja:

she and her pr could've very easily denied it, i think

I don't get why she should take nude pics of herself to give to Zac Efron... Isn't he gay? :blink:
I know they are together but I thought of it as a publicity stunt...
^ He does seem to be sometimes, is he really though? :unsure: Shame, cause he's so cute...

If it's real, she's got just about the cutest body ever.

Not really. Her little boobs looked a bit saggy and her nipples looked odd.

She calls herself wholesome with high morals! Ha!
She's just a like any other sl*tty 18 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ He does seem to be sometimes, is he really though? :unsure: Shame, cause he's so cute...

I think he suffers from Travolt-itis... he sings and dances, both of which stem from musical theater. And if there is one thing people associate with musical theater its gay men.

I highly doubt he is acutally gay. I've heard stories from people who know him and all say he is the furthest thing from it.:innocent:

I think he suffers from Travolt-itis... he sings and dances, both of which stem from musical theater. And if there is one thing people associate with musical theater its gay men.

I highly doubt he is acutally gay. I've heard stories from people who know him and all say he is the furthest thing from it.:innocent:

^ yeah, maybe he isn't but he just makes these off faces sometimes, like he's "preening" or something :lol:

I'm definitely not Vanessa's biggest fan and when I first heard about the photos I admit I did smile to myself and think it was all her own fault. But, now I realise that it was a private thing and she must be so embarrassed.

But, she was naive to think that no one would get their hands on the photos.

i dont particularly judge her either way, theres nothing wrong with taking nude photos for your boyfriend. i just pity her a bit because (if they weren't a publicity stunt) then one moment of sauciness (as my nan would say) has cost her a hell of a lot of embarressment and money loss.
but on the other hand the way the media works this could be the making if her. just look at paris.

on another note i dont know whether or not effron is actually gay, i think maybe hes a "metrasexual" or whatever the term is. either way he's not the kind of man that floats my boat. when your boyfriend spends longer looking in the mirror than you do you've gotta get the hell out of there. FAST.

on another note i dont know whether or not effron is actually gay, i think maybe hes a "metrasexual" or whatever the term is. either way he's not the kind of man that floats my boat. when your boyfriend spends longer looking in the mirror than you do you've gotta get the hell out of there. FAST.[/quote]

Exactly... I never seen any of his movies or stuff but it semms pretty obvious that hes gay... And this is not just my opinio... Anyway if I0m wrong, very happy for all og his girl fans :D

Not really. Her little boobs looked a bit saggy and her nipples looked odd.

they are private photos! how can you possibly say they are sl*tty, The things that some famous "wholesome" people do behind closed doors would probably make you gag. Plus way to be judgemental of a totally normal young girls body. At least she doesnt seem like a b*tch...

You sound like a Puritan hailing from the 18th century.

What's wrong with taking naked photos of yourself? I'ts not like your prostituting out in public.

:rofl: :rofl: ^^^

But you are right, I can't stand her but no one deserves this to happen to them. No one

I'm wondering how exactly the pictures leaked.
If they were in fact taken for Zac Efron then the only two people on this planet who'd have them would be Vanessa and Zac. Why would he betray her and leak them on the internet? I never understood the leaking picture business unless of course its done by a spiteful ex. Call me cynical but it seems like a publicity stunt involving a disney star hoping to shed her good girl image and to widen her fanbase.

^ I agree. I think it was either for publicity with her permission or done by someone from Zac E's camp to counteract his 'gay' image perhaps
who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->