Vanessa Traina

^ Yes you could be right; I notice she is sort of slouching or bending down in a lot of group photos, so that might be it. :flower:

Anyhow, she's incredibly stylish and I must follow her more closely! :heart:

p.s. i like her hair a bit darker ... more dramatic and highlights her strong features better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanessa Traina Draws THE LINE

16h97ia.jpg

Vanessa Traina is a busy bee. Somewhere between styling Joseph Altuzarra’s Spring ’14 runway and preparing to head to the shows in Paris, Traina’s found time to serve as the executive creative director of THE LINE—a luxury e-tailer that launches today and features a tightly edited selection of clothing, beauty products, and home goods. Handpicked by Traina, the site’s stock includes what the stylist calls “quintessentials”—that is, pieces that are clean, simple, and, above all, timeless. “With all of the fast fashion today, we felt the need to strip down and get back to the basics,” Traina said. “We are not aiming to bring you the hottest trend of the season; we are presenting items that are elevated yet familiar.”

One not-so-familiar brand is Protagonist (above), which, designed by Kate Wendelborn is launching exclusively with THE LINE. Protagonist captures THE LINE’s minimalist focus: brushed wool pullovers, crisp white blouses, and boxy tunics (in shades of black, white, and blush) look current yet trend-proof.

Other brands featured include Reed Krakoff, Rodin Olio Lusso (best known for its cult-favorite beauty oil), interiors range Andrianna Shamaris, J.W. Anderson, Assouline, and Vince, among others. “We are very excited about the brands that we have on board,” Traina said. “We essentially wanted to create the perfect, seasonless wardrobe—those items that you can throw on no matter the day, time, or season.”

—Emily Farra

Photo: Courtesy of The Line

Style.com

Cool and retro, I love every piece, except for the flip-flops.

Vanessa-Traina-High-Five-700x6951.jpg~original

High Five!
VANESSA TRAINA

Wednesday 16th October 2013

Fashion Editor and Stylist Vanessa Traina is not only known for her work but also her impeccable sense of style. For this fall she is working on a new project called The Line – a luxury online boutique selling fashion pieces, interior items and beauty products exclusively hand picked by Vanessa herself. Since we are very curious about this new project of hers, we teamed up with Traina for an High Five!-feature exclusively for Elin-Kling.com.

What is the idea behind creating The Line?

The idea behind The Line was to create a well-curated marketplace of quality essential items from fashion, home and beauty and to put those products in context with The Apartment.

Who is your muse and why?

My inspirations are the very talented and creative designers I have the privilege of working with such as Kate Wendleborn of Protagonist, Joseph Altuzarra and Alexander Wang.

For the perfect night out, what is the piece or item you can’t be without?

My husband, there is no perfect night out without him.

What is your detox and retox?

I sway heavily towards detox over retox and swear by Juice Press, sea salt and baking soda baths and loads of vitamins!

If we got a sneak peak into your wardrobe, what would we find?

The most recent additions to my wardrobe are all from The Line and I am especially loving my tops from Protagonist and Christophe Lemaire knitwear!
Vanessa-T-husband.jpg~original

thewall.elin-kling.com

Vanessa Traina Loves Her Mother’s Hermes Bags, Wearing Heels at Work
The style icon, who recently launched a retail site, shares a page from her style book.

Vanessa Traina, the San Francisco-born daughter of Danielle Steel, has been a muse to designers like Alexander Wang (a longtime close friend), Proenza Schouler, and Altuzarra (whose show she’s walked in multiple times). Now Traina, who wed the artist Max Snow last year, is bringing her enviable eye to The Line, a retail site she co-founded with the stylist Morgan Wendelborn. The online endeavor went live on October 3 and offers a smartly curated selection of home, fashion and beauty goods from brands like Reed Krakoff, JW Anderson and Rodin. And the site is also the launch pad for Protagonist, a women’s line of tailored shirts, sweaters and silk tops, designed by Morgan’s sister Kate Wendelborn. Those looking for a non-cyberspace experience can find the offerings at The Apartment in New York.

Here, Traina shares some of her favorite things.

Define your style in three words:
Clean, subtle, comfortable.

Daily uniform:
Celine sweaters, Protagonist tops and vintage Levis.

Greatest hits:
My mother’s old Hermes Kelly bags, vintage jeans from What Goes Around Comes Around, statement classics from Celine, my husband’s Hermes shirts, a perfect smoking jacket from Pallas and old Helmut Lang heels and flats.

Preferred footwear:
Heels at work, Loro Piana slippers at home and Adidas sneakers on the plane.

Finishing touches:
My family crest ring from Agry in Paris, Repossi earrings, an antique Schlumberger choker that belonged to my husband’s great grandmother and Serge Lutens Fleur D’Oranger perfume.

Nighttime look:
I try to get the most mileage out of my closet and not treat anything as too precious so my nighttime look doesn’t differ much from my day wear, I may just add a touch of mascara and switch from my work bag to a clutch.

Best recent discoveries:
Valleybrinkroad.com and Joelle Ciocco moisturizer.

Favorite stores:
Of course The Line for all of my essentials, Edon Manor in Tribeca for great shoes, Astier de Villatte to keep my home fragrant and fresh, Angelica for fresh flowers, Harper’s in East Hampton for an incredible and inspiring collection of books, JF Chen in Los Angeles for fabulous furniture, Dover Street London (and soon NY!).

Style pet peeve:
When a look is wearing someone rather than the other way around.

Style icons:
My mother for her grace, ease and sense of humor when it comes to fashion.

Last purchase:
Furniture and design books, continuous sources of inspiration!

Lusting after:
A great bookshelf and a vacation!!

Favorite haunts:
New York: The Smile To Go, Blue Ribbon Sushi, Candle Cafe, Kaffe 1668, Wallsé, Il Buco. Paris: Yen, Kai, Rose Bakery, Le Stresa. San Francisco: Rose’s Café, Marina Submarine, Hog Island Oyster Co., Okoze, Swensen’s Ice Cream.

Fall must-haves:
Protagonist deep V-neck wool pullover, Celine thigh-high boots, chunky knits, and a good stack of books for cozy nights in.
wmagazine.com

THE APARTMENT​

Last night was the launch of Vanessa Traina’s The Apartment here in New York. The space for the showroom is made into an apartment with a bedroom, bath, kitchen, dining area – and of course a walk in closet. You can practically buy everything from clothing, accessories, to art work and beauty products. Vanessa Traina, co-founder Morgan Wendelborn and Kate Wendelborn creative director of Protagonist are the creatives behind this new online commerce. If you are curious about The Line, read our exclusive feature with Vanessa here.

atraqh.jpg

1z39hj7.jpg

30u60cp.jpg

5czhup.jpg

34islys.jpg

http://thewall.elin-kling.com

THE LINE Celebrates the Launch of THE APARTMENT Oct 16 2013

Paul Porter/BFAnyc.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Opening Reception for Andre Saraiva "Dream Concerts," hosted by Max Snow at the Surf Lodge, Montauk, NY, 8/16/2013

preview_BFA_6800_792397.jpg
preview_BFA_6800_792398.jpg

preview_BFA_6800_792399.jpg

always funny to see her in jeans...

bfanyc.com

She even makes jeans classic and chic. Love what both sisters are wearing. Victoria has an interesting way of posing.:lol:

Woah, Victoria looks better than Vanessa for once.

personally i prefer victoria's style to vanessa's...
like the all white look vanessa is wearing on the previous page, i love it until i get to those hideous mules...:doh:

usually it's vanessa's hair/makeup that bugs me...
she looks so impeccable until you notice her hair is flat or her makeup makes her look sallow...

Parties for Altuzarra, Bulgari, and Prabal Gurung
005m.jpg~original

002m.jpg~original

Dinner-hopping with Chloé, Proenza Schouler, Karlie Kloss, and Roland Mouret
007m.jpg~original

Partying Five Ways in Paris
054m.jpg~original

Waris Ahluwalia Celebrates His House of Waris for Forevermark Collection
012m.jpg~original

008m1.jpg~original

Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, and More Honored at FGI's Night of Stars
009m.jpg~original

Dolce & Gabbana Sponsor the 19th Annual Artwalk NY
026m.jpg~original

Style.com

Love everything except for the Altuzarra outfit. Its old lady-ish, including the shoes.

Fantastic outfits. I just wish the pics were bigger (damn you style.com!)

Vanessa Traina Snow wearing a black peplum ensemble from the 2011/12 Fall/Winter Haute Couture collection with a CHANEL handbag.
facebook.com/chanel

I don't understand why someone with naturally thin, oily hair would slick it down even more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->