Vanessa Traina

vanessa-traina.jpg~original

“Morning: I’m kind of old school with my beauty routine and it is really minimal, it’s really just water and moisturizer. I use Joëlle Ciocco moisturizer. Moisturizer is really my thing. In the winter when it gets really dry I’ll use a light layer of the Rodin face oil underneath the moisturizer.

When I have very early morning call times and during fashion week, I use the Shu Uemura Depsea eye mask. I have a stockpile because it’s now discontinued. So if you ever see them anywhere, send them my way! I don’t really wear any makeup, sometimes I’ll put a little something on my eyes. I like NARS Paper Tiger, it’s kind of a cream eyeshadow. I just put a little on my eyes. It almost matches my natural eyelid shade and just gives it a little bit of a boost.

Day: I bring with Clé de Peau concealer in case something comes up or I look a little tired. NARS Douceur blush, if I need a little color and always, always Aquaphor.

If I’m doing makeup for the evening, I use Chanel Vitalumière foundation and MAC Haute and Naughty mascara. I don’t generally go for a lip, really just Aquaphor.

Evening: I use either the Lancome makeup remover or the NARS one. And then I wash my face with water again.”

- Vanessa Traina, December 16, 2013, New York City

Reserves Nutritives Gentle Revitalizer Sensitive Skin Cream, Joëlle Ciocco; Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil, Rodin; Depsea Mask, Shu Uemura; Cream Eyeshadow in Paper Tiger, NARS; Concealer, Clé de Peau Beauté; Blush in Douceur, NARS; Healing Ointment, Aquaphor; Vitalumière Aqua Foundation, Chanel; Haute and Naughty Mascara, MAC; Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover, Lancôme; Makeup Removing Water, NARS.
Garancedore.fr/en

The Ladies of The Line do Guys Jeans for Girls

Our interview with Vanessa Traina, Morgan Wendelborn, and Kate Wendelborn (the two are sisters) took place on a bed – possibly the most comfortable bed ever – in the “bedroom” of Vanessa (above left) and Morgan’s (above center) new Manhattan showroom, The Apartment, where everything you see, from the Las Venus midnight-blue tufted velvet sofa in the “living room,” to the “bathroom’s” Sachajuan and Rodin products, to the Mansur Gavriel bags in the chic “closet” (not to mention that dreamy bed and bedding!) is available for purchase. It goes hand-in-hand with The Line, their e-commerce site; You can visit The Apartment to see in person the fashion, home, and beauty items found on The Line.com.

The three lounged on the bed, very cozy, yet very cool, in sweaters and jeans. And we talked about those jeans – a recent collaboration with 3×1 (a Jean Stories favorite), whose SoHo headquarters and store happen to be just a few blocks away from The Apartment. For fall/winter, Vanessa and Kate (above right), who designs the collection The Protagonist (available through The Line and the Apartment), created a straight-leg selvedge jean that has us re-thinking our whole denim wardrobes (not to mention the general assumption that raw denim can’t be worn with, say, sexy Céline stilettos). The Line x 3×1 comes in black and in dark blue, and it proves that a classic men’s style jean can be ultra-flattering on women, too. We’ll let them explain…

Interview HERE.

jeanstories

LEGEND :heart: :heart:. Amazing outfit from head to toe. Love her jeans and that blue coat is so luxe. But those red pumps WOW.

Vanessa Traina: Cool and Connected
An old-fashioned girl with a very modern sensibility.
March 5, 2014 8:00 AM | by Sandra Ballentine

Couture Clan
You could say that Vanessa Traina Snow was destined for a life in fashion. “My parents were of another time, in a way—quite traditional and very European,” the stylist says. “My sisters and I always wore matching dresses. This was quite formative, as we had to find our own little ways to be individuals.” Matching outfits aside, her family (including eight siblings) was indeed a close-knit one. Her mother, the novelist Danielle Steel, worked from home; and her father, the vintner John Traina (who died in 2011), retired when Traina Snow was a child—so they were “very present,” says the 29-year-old San Francisco native. An avid couture client, Steel would take her daughters to the Paris shows and to her fittings. “We were always playing dress-up. Not in princess clothes, but in our mother’s ’80s Versace and Chanel,” Traina Snow says. But when she married the artist Max Snow, in 2012, she did in fact dress like a princess—in a lace gown by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy Haute Couture.

Friends in Haute Places
Traina Snow is the ultimate fashion insider, consulting for fab friends like Balenciaga’s Alexander Wang (they went to the same high school) and Joseph Altuzarra, whom she met while interning at French Vogue. Her modern aesthetic also keeps her in demand as a stylist and recently catapulted her into a whole new arena: retail. She is the cofounder and creative director of the Line, a lifestyle e-commerce site with a curated selection of clothing, 
furniture, and beauty essentials. A SoHo loft called the Apartment serves as a showroom and a testing ground, and many pieces are direct descendants of things she has in her home, including an antique rosewood and Calacatta gold marble table designed by Max.

Designed for Living
A relic from the New York shop De Vera and a lapis lazuli box from the Line are the latest additions to the eclectic mix in the Snows’ TriBeCa apartment. “We’re slightly obsessed with 1stdibs.com,” Traina Snow admits. Some of their favorite finds: a Hans Wegner Flagline chair, an 18th-century safe, and a set of Cantu chairs by the midcentury Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues. Nestled between stacks of art books are treasures passed down from her father, including a tiny ruby-eyed pig and several antique cigarette cases. Like her home, her wardrobe is a mix of sleek designer pieces (Balenciaga, Céline, Protagonist), vintage classics (old Levi’s, hand-me-down Hermès bags), and killer accessories. “The main marker of my personal style is comfort,” she says. She isn’t much of a jewelry hound, but the pieces she does wear have special significance—like the engagement ring Max designed with their friend the jeweler James de Givenchy, or the signet ring her father gave her for her sweet 16. “I am drawn to things that have stories behind them, which is probably why I’m so attracted to antiques and odd, vintage trinkets.”

7a2613a0d62fba10f080e1cbb72b86e0.jpg~original

Traina Snow, at the Apartment in SoHo, wears a Céline top and skirt and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra mules.
Photography by Jeff Henrikson
b3f421ba0ae2f90ab8193be12959128d.jpg~original

At Max Snow’s studio in Jersey City; Traina Snow wears a Proenza Schouler dress and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra mules.
64acbb78afe5a20febc0cc0e9e0caa94.jpg~original

This couch at the Apartment was inspired by her own Las Venus sofa.

Wmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the article! She looks so chic in these photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->