Vanity Fair April 2015 : Robin Wright by Patrick Demarchelier

chanelh

Reaction score

vanity fair

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice clean image almost ruined by all the text. Nonetheless I still like it. I'll take Patrick over Testino any day.

Wow!

What a wonderful surprise and truly refreshing cover choice!

Robin Wright has always been a fantastic actress - and despite having an entirely tabloid-worthy life, she has done everything in her power to maintain as much of her privacy as possible. Much respect for her.

As a huge House of Cards fan, I am positively thrilled to see this. She is, truly, nothing short of magnificent on that series. Such depth and mystery and emotion. Superb acting.

Very very deserving cover.

Fantastic! This makes me so happy because a beautiful woman is well represented and her beauty is not tampered beyond recognition. This is what you get when you utilize Demarchelier than Testino. This feels like the Rosamund cover but is so much better. This feels so inspired and I might actually buy this.

What an unexpected surprise! I don't watch her show, but I love her films. Robin Wright has managed to stay away from all the women's magazines (at least the ones we fixate about), and it helped her career. I'm getting annoyed with Vanity Fair's last few covers. They all look the same. This looks very much like Angelina's November cover with Testino.

Im so glad they didn't photoshop her to death. She's a stunning woman and a wonderful actress and im glad she's on the cover. Considering the success of HoC and how amazing she's in it you'd think she'd have more exposure

This is glorious on so many levels.

Most of all because for once they have someone on the cover who is substance OVER style!!!

Robin has played her career her own way, and many times payed a big price for it. In fact; right after Forrest Gump, in 1995 she infamously TURNED DOWN the cover of Vanity Fair. It was such a scandal, the only celeb (until Paltrow) to do so.

Her agent fired her as a result, and she was even told by few directors that they have to pass on her for roles she wanted, because the studio bosses resent her for the decision.

Politics of Hollywood are always disgusting, and unfair, but so happy to see talent prevail in the end. She is now on the cover, and its under her own rules, in her own time!

Best cover of the year for me!

It's kind of a lame image for such a cool woman, I mean I understand doing something minimal but Demarchelier is just so cheesy to me. Thrilled to see her though -- a fresh and inspiring choice!

^IKR! the background matching the dress kinda washes her out imo... but I like that they kept some of her wrinkles, she looks more her age :D

she is so elegant and beautiful... her performance in Season 3 is just phenomenal...

Most of all because for once they have someone on the cover who is substance OVER style!!!

Robin has played her career her own way, and many times payed a big price for it. In fact; right after Forrest Gump, in 1995 she infamously TURNED DOWN the cover of Vanity Fair. It was such a scandal, the only celeb (until Paltrow) to do so.

Her agent fired her as a result, and she was even told by few directors that they have to pass on her for roles she wanted, because the studio bosses resent her for the decision.

Politics of Hollywood are always disgusting, and unfair, but so happy to see talent prevail in the end. She is now on the cover, and its under her own rules, in her own time!

Thank you very much for the trivia!

Now that's a woman for me - never succumbing to pressure and standing firmly for what you believe in! Fantastic!

Gorgeous talented woman. I wish they made multiple covers with her, with different photogs.

Despite the tidal wave of text, she still shines through.

Looks like I'm the only who doesn't like this cover. I love her, she's an amazing actress and such a beautiful woman but come on, this is what you do with her? That blue reminds me of the Angelina Jolie's cover. And there is way too much text here. I think a close up would have work better.

An excellent choice - interesting, relevant, and alive - but the image does leave a little to be desired. The "mid-walk" arms are weird and there just isn't ENOUGH text, is there? Overall I'm happy. They styled her well, I hate the Bieber bangs she sports on House of Cards!

This is all the worse since there are tons of male actors who turn down magazines. I'm sure magazines have for years been after Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Newman, Jack Nicholson... Not much of a peep from them. And that's okay, because they're guys!

pretty cover though i would have loved to see her as her ice maiden self from HOC

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->