Vanity Fair September 2012 : Kate Middleton and Jessica Chastain

jessica looks incredibel, kate is the opposite on the other cover. it looks pretty much like lebovitz is the photographer for jessica's cover.

Jessica's cover was photographed by Mario Testino

Bigger covers

justjared

i'm not really excited by either cover... and i like jessica chastain
she has the potential to look much better than this...
i don't know if it's the hair maybe that's throwing me off...?

I refuse to say anything about Kate's cover :sick: On the other hand, Jessica looks really lovely, even though they played too safe.

I like Kate but her being on the cover is pointless and Jessica can photograph much better than this.

I was expecting a cover to blog my mind, instead I got Jessica looking sabe and not as beautiful as she is. Ad Campaigns and other magazines have proven she is an amazing poser with lots of potential, here she looks kinda old :/ as for the Kate cover, it's another tabloid shot on the newsstands, can't believe this is their style issue... Excited to know if there's more Jess inside though :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

Excited to see Sofia Coppola's name on the cover.

Isn't this the second time VF has used a stock photo of Kate for their cover? Her cover looks so cheap, but I hate to say I will buy this issue and her cover just because it is Kate. I assume that's what VF is banking on as well.

The table of contents is out and I have to say I'm impressed...Ralph Lauren and Armani by Annie Leibovitz, Jessica by Testino, Net-a-Porter's Natalie Massanet by Annie Leibovitz, Hedi Slimane, Stella McCartney by Juergen Teller, Alaia by Jean-Paul Goude and Raf Simon's first couture show for Dior by Paolo Roversi. So excited to get this right now!

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/toc/contents-201209

Out of all the candid pics they could have chosen for Kate...why that one?! I mean, who makes these decisions?

HQ of Jessica's cover (without justjared's horrendous tags) and one pic from her feature

vanityfair.com

Out of all the candid pics they could have chosen for Kate...why that one?! I mean, who makes these decisions?

My thoughts exactly. I hate that they used a paparazzi photo but if you must why would you choose that one?

Kate Middleton claimed the top spot, and earned herself a cover story complete with a stock photo taken last year.
the cut

I was really excited when I read that Jessica was getting the cover. Now it seems like it is going to be an inlay inside the UK edition and the shot they used is disappointing. She has done some great eds this year and can photograph alot better than that. The inside shot is alot better.

Can't believe they are using a tabloid photograph of Kate Middleton as the September cover. What an absolute joke. I find her incredibly plain and the shot they used incredibly lazy.

That photo from Jessicas editorial is breathtaking. Simply adore it!

Raf Simons for Dior as seen in new Vanity Fair US Sept'12 issue
Az_Zi_DIi_CAAAHPd_G.jpg

Az_Zg6is_CUAEPQR0.jpg

twitter/mrdavidvandewal

Is Jessica Chastain's "cover" like an insert cover or something?

I must be one of the few people on earth who is completely bored by Kate Middleton. She has a complete lack of personality to me.

I agree with you. I get that she married into royalty and some people love that whole fairy tale thing. But best dressed? I don't think so. Her style is rather boring and nothing to rave about. I do love Jessica though and she has had some good red carpet moment. And her hair looks fab on the cover.

In context, Kate Middleton is one of the 'best dressed'. She dresses perfectly for the role and responsibilities she has.

Uhg! the hideousness and tasteless now in print.

src: womenmanagement.blogspot

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->