Vanity Fair September 2012 : Kate Middleton and Jessica Chastain

Reaction score
cn_image.size.september-2012-covers.jpg

Vanity Fair's seventh annual Style Issue is so packed with fashionable faces that we had a terrible time narrowing it down to just one for our cover. So we didn't! In a rare treat for V.F. readers, there will be two different images gracing the front of our September issue. Subscribers will be greeted at their mailboxes by Jessica Chastain, the Oscar-nominated star of The Help, Tree of Life, and The Debt. Chastain made the list by virtue of her understated elegance—on the red carpet, she's made nary a misstep, favoring designers like Zac Posen, Elie Saab, and Gucci. On the newsstand, readers will find the Duchess of Cambridge (the princess formerly known as Kate Middleton) beaming up at them. With a face and figure that launched a thousand designer knockoffs, Duchess Catherine is a one-woman style force. Both are banner members of this year's International Best-Dressed List, which also features Jay-Z, Diane Kruger, Matt Lauer, and fellow royal Prince Harry.
vanityfair.com

don't like either of them but I really hope they send me the one with Jessica

So glad I'll be getting the Jessica Chastain cover!!

That is a great cover, for any magazine. Probably one of VF's best in some time.

oh dear god! the photoshop in Kate cover is ridiculous and the titles are like what you would see on US Weekly.

So will Kate's be the only newstand cover, or will they sell both like the Michael Jackson/Farrah Fawcett issue?

jessica always looks gorgeous in print! nothing super interesting but it is a nice image!

Extremely boring for a Style issue.. Their other, regular, covers have looked more exciting

Is Jessica Chastain's "cover" like an insert cover or something?

I must be one of the few people on earth who is completely bored by Kate Middleton. She has a complete lack of personality to me.

I can buy any number of magazines any day of the week with press shots of Kate all over them, so I don't have much incentive to buy some expensive version of the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure Jessica is a lovely and talented actress but she just is not photogenic to me in the slightest.

OH enough with the queen! Or whatever she is.

Is she even Kate Middleton anymore? I'm surprised they've not had to refer to her as The Duchess of Cambridge.

This is just ridiculous, this is what you give us for the September issue? Really Vanity Fair, a event pap photo of Kate? And not even a flattering one at that? All while Jessica goes to subscribes, and even she doesnt look her best there, i hope there is some good fashion features inside!

I was going to buy this issue from eBay (the American edition is always thicker) and I'm glad I'll be getting Jessica's cover, which is a masterpiece placed next to Kate's paparazzi shots, that would fit best on Hello or The Sun.

^ Haha i think that shot with all the airbrushing is actually OK Magazine level!

Jessica should`ve gotten the main cover! Her shot is amazing in all sorts. Kate`s shot screams the exact desperation of Tatler UK to get her on the cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->