Vanity Fair September 2012 : Kate Middleton and Jessica Chastain

I saw the this magazine (along with many other September issues... seems early) today. The best part is Downton's portraits. They're REALLY lovely.

The backstage shots of Dior are gorgeous, i love the colours.

UHQs

Angel on Horseback
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Jessica Diehl
Star: Jessica Chastain
Make-Up: Tom Pecheux
Hair: Marc Lopez

celebutopia

the shot with her and the birds' :wub: i simply can't wait any longer to see Lawless for her, Hardy, Oldman & Jason Clarke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually really glad when I've read that subscribers will get Jessica's cover... until now, when I got from work, opened the envelope and saw this hideous Kate cover. WTH!? am I the only one?

659a9148.jpg

82a1800b.jpg
4e63f5b9.jpg

93e0eb25.jpg
130952d9.jpg

facebook.com/fashionillustrationgallery

I know that we generally don't comment on the articles as much as visual content, but it is in the magazine, so I hope I won't get any pm with the reminder, so... did you guys read this piece on Brant brothers? I almost literally laughed out loud through the most of it, not to mention the pain in my eyes I got from eyerolling over and over. I couldn't help but think THIS.IS.SO.LAME!!! :lol:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I realise that the education these boys got is completely different from what I had and, considering the environment in which they were (are) growing up, it is not that hard to turn out this way, but such level of pretentiousness in such early age is just unbareable. taking a look at the pics before reading it, I thought, wow, seriously?, but then I started reading it and I just couldn't believe it.

^ That was shocking indeed, the level of stupidity is astounding there, i know that is what Vanity Fair essentially is about, reporting about rich & (in)famous and their ridiculous lives, but this was truly a bit much for me. I miss the days when Dunne would put his own spin on it, and would come across with much more humor!

But what does it say about them? I always found them quite...disturbing.
I dont know, is the article that bad?

The article is not that bad actually. It's them. I can't express my full opinion here as I'd have to use some words that are probably unacceptable here, but let's just say that most of the things that you may think about them just by looking at the pics is getting confirmation in words that are coming out of their mouth. And they do it without any recognition of how it all sounds and how it makes them look. Or maybe they just don't care. Long story short, the level of self-importance here is really... disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: That article makes me wonder how any children Stephanie could might have had with Axl Rose would have turned out. Can you just imagine?

That interview does them zero favours. One of them contradicted themselves when mentioning transferring schools due to snobbish attitudes. Because that's all I got from those two when skimming the three-page-drivel.

I get what you mean now...its pretty bad. Its actualy ironic because reading the interview you can see how much they know about art and culture in general and then they bomb with stupid and snooby talking. Its really bad...

Here are the David Downton portraits in better quality:

858ddd7f.jpg

77bae870.jpg
e666a303.jpg

6845eb23.jpg
ff0c9811.jpg

vanityfair.com

So glad I wasn't the only unimpressed with the out-of-touch Brant boys! Yeah, they're only teens, but god, they grated. And they didn't make themselves look good by flashing "woe is us, we're wealthy but we're victims of snobbery" attitude. Grow a pair boys!

That article aside, I enjoyed this issue. I'm looking for something to replace my Harper's Bazaar subscription (doesn't expire until next year...I got for so cheap it's not worth cancelling) and I'm thinking this might be it. I need to see another issue or two before I make up my mind.

I LOVE those style icons portraits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->