Versace ‘Icons’ 2023 : Anne Hathaway & Chris Lee by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

More from the campaign:

Donatella always tries to keep the brand's relationship with celebrities, but that's only good when it's done right... Anne is beautiful, but she never had the appeal of a Versace Girl, because she never was, she always was much closer to Valentino.

About the campaign, the result is pretty bland, but we can't deny that after being bought by MK, spending on this type of thing increased a lot at Versace, I hope they improve in choosing the people who will star in the campaigns!

I like her for Versace!
This is exactly the kind of unexpected pairing that usually happened during the Gianni days. And the irony is that Donatella was usually the one behind those weird connections…

She is perfect for Versace the brand. I’m not sure she is for the clothes they usually put out but the simpler pieces and archives can look great on her.

This could have been the perfect opportunity for M&M to reference Meisel, Avedon or Newton. It’s a bit dry…

2nd picture is a little better, 3rd one is a little meh
as @Lola701 said it’s does feel indeed dry.

do M&M even try anymore?

Love Anne and she looks good as usual but it feels something is missing? her attitude in her recent viral fashion week/red carpet moments were more fierce than whatever's the intended vibe here..
And I'm a bit confused by Donatella's caption, is the campaign just Anne or will there be other featured icons?

Her Vogue HongKong cover and editorial feels more Versace than this.

Ana de Armas would've made a better Versace girl.

Chris Lee got so much attitude!
She would be the face of my brand if I had one!
Charisma!

Anne has been wearing Versace for years, so for me it isn't all that surprising. Zendaya and LV, THAT was surprising, but then again not really considering it boils down to money (especially in that case).

I like that it feels different for Versace, in the sense that the campaign seems to be about quite classic pieces that are timeless, and I think both Anne and Chris Lee speak to that. They don't read as trendy it girls of the moment or "too Versace" flashiness. Now, perhaps, there will be some very of the moment people that may not be relevant in a year or two, but the anchor of someone like Anne is smart, IMO.

They did, the first one posted is so "In the american west" book
Yes indeed but it would have had more depth with someone like Avedon or Meisel.
They can copy well from a superficial pov but they don’t have the magic touch to make it their own like Meisel did when copying Avedon.

Maybe Donatella should challenge herself sometimes with her choices of photographers. Roversi for Versace could be interesting…

A total palate cleanser after that eyesore of an Emily Ratajkowski advertising campaign. This feels like a breath of fresh air after such a messy and underwhelming mainline offering, and I'm seeing a slight (and glossy) nod to Richard Avedon's 'In the American West' portfolio from M&M here.

Is there some kind of The Producers-esque scheme behind Versace campaigns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->