Versace F/W 12.13 Milan

This is so delicious! I love that Donatella took it to the extreme here, I can't wait to see this in editorials and on the red carpet!

i hate about half of this (roughly from where the neon starts, to where the gowns start). versace is always gaudy/tacky but still in a HF way but so much of this is just tacky in the bad way. a lot of it looks like knock-offs i would find on street markets. i hate to say that because versace is one of my favourites.

Accessories! (style.com)

00960m.jpg
00160m.jpg

00580m.jpg
00650m.jpg

00770m.jpg
00800m.jpg

There is something about Versace RTW that never looks sewn correctly. I mean, I like the collection a lot. But those closeups, IDK. They make me kinda dislike it. Even in person, it just looks so poorly sewn...IDK

Some outfits are gorgeous, some are pretty bad. But faces of models looked really terrible, those bleached eyebrows, with dark make-up and pale lips :yuk: Too vulgar for my taste.

I love this and I don't find this tacky at all. I think this collection is still sexy but with a fetish/religious flavour and as distracting as the hair it actually enhances the theme.

I'd love to have a pair of the boot that look like they've been made out of net material.

It was tacky, i only liked some dresses.
The hair was damn ugly and the make up was also not my favourite.
There should have been also more blondes, they would be looking freaking hot.

Best Versace collection in some time and the one that made the most sense to be fair.
Gianni's final Couture collection was arguably one of his best and a homage to that, with a modern twist, at this moment feels just right.
The slinky leather dresses at the start were perfect, then a couple of almost broderie anglaise dresses incorporating the crucifix iconography didn't quite fit, but then the leather returned and loving the stunning crocodile skin coat with fur.
Some of the neon dresses looked like they had been staple-gunned together, and then after the gap in the show, the shorter molten liquid and metallic dresses were pure vintage Versace. Also the one shouldered gown was amazing.
Best in show.....the netted boots.
Small criticisms would be too much use of the crucifix....smaller and less of, would have been better. Also anything with Versace splashed all over it.
Loved the styling of the show (save for the bleached eyebrows), and the music.......although Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love' for the finale was a bit random.

the final gowns are really awesome.

I didn't see no Gianni reference or tribute.

from style.com:
The couture collection Gianni Versace presented in Paris in July 1997 marked a new direction for the designer, a darker, more stringent, more modern vision whose promise was brutally curtailed a few days after the show when Versace was murdered in Miami. Taking up his legacy, his sister had to live with the sense of optimism tragically truncated. Clearly, there were times when she could cope, times when she couldn't. But it was only with her show today that Donatella felt she could finally, as she put it, face her demons. That meant taking on the unrealized promise of her brother's last collection. A bold move, but everything about Donatella's momentum of late has suggested she's shed her insecurity and embraced her iconic status. She's ready to rock.

Hence, a show that ramped up the gothic elements of Gianni's last collection—the crucifixes, the monochrome severity—with a hard-core energy that tapped Rooney Mara's crazily influential stint as The Girl. It wasn't only the high bang (that's what hairstylist Guido Palau called that fugly fringe) and makeup artist Pat McGrath's sepulchral eye socket. It was also the seamed, studded leather; the long-sleeve, throat-tight coat-dresses; the armorlike corsets; the chain mail clashing with opulent astrakhan—all of it shouting out protection and defiance. In the same spirit, Donatella hit hazmat orange and chrome yellow hard as accents that sparked in the dark.

btw, is it only me who finds the hairstyle similar to Patricia Arquette's hair in David Lynch's movie "Lost highway" from 1997? It might not have been the inspiration but it could be an interesting connection.

0sv40.jpg

2JGYm.jpg

source: stylebistro.com, DVD screencaps

i like the silhouette a lot, but i could do without the crosses. and that Versace print. altho i think it will be quite a hit in Eastern markets...

btw, is it only me who finds the hairstyle similar to Patricia Arquette's hair in David Lynch's movie "Lost highway" from 1997? It might not have been the inspiration but it could be an interesting connection.

That was actually the first thing I thought on when I saw the hair here:heart:

It's what gave me the femme fatale vibes

i didn't like this is collection. I agree that Versace sometimes looks a little poorly sewn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->