Dolce & Gabbana F/W 12.13 Milan

Well, I personally love it. Yeah, it's Italian again, but to me it does look different from previous collections. The whole thin is gorgeous and I love every piece. I could imagine t looking so good off the runway. I think the lack of wearability has more to do with the styling than the pieces themselves, with the styling being a bit overkill and, thus, a bit tacky. I don't see the clothing as unwearable or tacky, though. It looks like a great collection to me and I love the silhouettes.

i was really hoping it was going to be different this season but when I saw pictures on twitter my fears were confirmed. The collection IS beautiful at times but I just wish they moved on with this "inspiration" and find something new.

The coloured florals remind me of nostalgic St. Valentine's Day cards.

Well, I think my hope for them has ended. They make nice clothes that well, are pretty much the same now.

Same old crap for yet another season.

Stefano: Let's continue to explore this Italian aesthetic for another season!
Domenico: OK! I have the pattern pieces from last season, and the one before.
Stefano: Great! I have some leftover fabrics, too!

Well at 1st when i saw the show i thought : they're back. but as i read all your post, I have to admit that i was blind because of one thing : fabric. We can't say this is cheap or whatever, fabric is more than stunning. it looks so baroque, clode from artistic vibes, embroidered pieces are just perfect. BUT...yes, this is a bit too "déjà vu" ! I'm usually always criticizing them for that, but this time as I said i was blind. so keep this amazing work on materials and fabric, but please...TRY SOMETHING NEW !!!

for me it was quite overwhelming the collection, too many models walking at once their typical show

Was the collection all that Italian, and if so is it the Italian segment that Dolce and Gabbana typically leverages? Other than O Sole Mio blaring, the overall vibe seemed more Swiss-German-Austrian to me, or just ubiquitously European regal / opulent. If the collection theme is considered Italian, then it is of the more Alpine / Northern Italian variety and not the Sicilian / Mediterranean vibe that is typically associated with Dolce and Gabbana.

ETA:
Of course there were some looks that were built on the Sicilian / Mediterranean "chassis" like the corsetted body suits, but that is now a Dolce and Gabbana signature and variations of signature looks / silhouettes are to be expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
They must certainly be tired of designing the same clothes. I know I'm certainly tired of seeing them.

it seems they can't get over lace for some reason...

I feel like they are pushing their ideas to the absolute limits right now.
I also feel that their collections are becoming very gimmicky. Slightly better than last season, but that's not saying much.

Even if some of the dress are pretty there must be an explanation of why they're always offering the same silhouette and aesthetic each season with just different prints or brocades. It's starting to look like a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->