Versace F/W 2016.17 Milan

Deleted member 116819

Reaction score
2ldhs42.png

screen cap from versace.it

Streaming Fail. Why is the camera so far away?

From the runway setup to the casting to the clothes themself, I have had enough. Where do I even begin ?

To me, the pieces lacked any sexiness or wow-factor that once was associated with Versace. The Italian glamour that I adored from the 00s is nowhere to be found. Instead, the Versace woman has been replaced with this unassured, timid, wilting flower that cannot decide if she wants to fit in or stand out. This leads me to my next gripe ... the casting. I don't normally talk about models, but I am tired of 50+ models that do not have the ability to sale these clothes. What happened to models making more than 1 or 2 exits ? I feel that in the earlier days, these women helped to portray an image, but instead having all of these models, some who look like they are playing dress up, traipse this obnoxious labyrinth of a runway (I am so sick of this setup) like it's some type of factory.

I am really tired of this because I truly loved Versace and thought that, even with its tacky moments, there was an appeal in it and an odd type of elegance and glamour that just is not there. Cut the crap, Donatella.

Another collection where I felt that as though Versace was in 'collaboration with' some sort of upmarket department store. A lot of looked substandard in quality, the fabrics choices didn't fit well and didn't look great. It lacked any excitement that is attached to Versace.

Remember when Christopher Kane used to design for Versus? It looks exactly like that. It's not really that bad... but Versace it ain't.

In order ro keep up with the ongoing trends, Versace has completely lost the sense of what it once has been.

There is no Versace in this collection.

I thought last one would show em that they should go back to the roots, but guess not.

There really is no glamour left it feels sporty, the hair and make up is ugly, and that splash of colors in the end is really bad, it really does look like it was designed by Kane

those fur coats are somewhat nice though

I like it. They don't have to design sexy, pink dresses for the Barbies of Miami all the time, and this time it was much more clean and just better than their spring/summer collection for example. I'm just not sure about the shoes, I mean they were hideous.
At the same time the best days of Versace are gone so I can't expect something truly good and exciting from them.

#FreeTheNipple

Great collection this time 'round. Couture was terrible. Last RTW was okay (though ranked as her best), menswear was fantastic, and this is gorgeous.

The Versace vixen is gone. I would've never guessed this was Versace. They need a designer who can work with bold colors and sexy glamorous cuts (not Vacarello, he's stuck on black and makes the same thing most of the time), or at least Donatella needs to stop following and start leading.
Though I recall reading once that when she worked with Gianni she would secretly tell the seamstresses to lower hemlines, I guess she never really went for overt sexyness

Absolutely loved! Love the colors, the jackets/coaches, the makeup, paints, everything! (expect for the ones with the tacky blue/orange/yellow print. but that's what versace is all about)
Some of the pieces actually reminded me of Alexander Wang in his good days :lol:

I don't like what I see, it's lost the identity which i liked and doesn't look like a good move at all, nothing exciting

Her prefall is so much stronger than this I don't feel Versace at all First few pieces even remind me of Calvin Klein collection (I don't feel CK know who they are anymore either) This is no Versace that is bold and out of the world sexy I am used to

A bit of a disappointment considering how strong her Menswear show was.

Very dull collection from Donatella, but I do adore that coat on Nobis. Definitely felt athletic but some of the silhouettes were just unflattering, especially that dress on Karlie, eek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->