Versace F/W 2017.18 Milan

I really hope this is not Donatella's last show because this is genuinely atrocious.

This looks like Versace Junior. There isn't anything sexy or mature about it. Never in a million years would I expect the words Wang and Versace to appear in the same sentence, but she did it. It's shallow and it isn't very smart. All of these slogan items are starting to feel redundant. Who would have thought Dior's feminist t shirt would be the most influential item this season? What sad times.

I don't think that this is her last show. I believe that Riccardo will spend more time with her in the company to make the transition smooth.
But, with Versus & Versace that are both a bit messy, she needs to leave on a high note.
Yes, the business is doing well but she needs to get the creative part together!

I honestly haven't liked any RTW Versace collections since FW16, SS16 was great but it's gone steadily downhill from there, along with the campaigns. This Alexander Wang style..what would Gianni think?!? I have a lot of respect for Donatella and everything she's done both with the business and in her life but I'm actually hoping the rumours are true that Riccardo is going to take over from her. The brand needs a new direction - she is clearly lost.

So Riccardo did this? I find no other explanation...

You clearly get the feeling that a designer went through the archive and decided to revive the oroton, the degradé strass... Did Donatella ever used the Oroton?

Anyway, I think it's super terrible. It has a little big of energy, but it's like Givenchy mixed with Hood by Air. Pretentious at times and not bold enough.

^She used a lot of Oroton back in the '90s and in the early 00s. Her f/w 12 had the evening part all about metallic pieces, there were some Oroton gowns in the s/s 14 collection so yes, she had used that before.

I don't think that this is her last show. I believe that Riccardo will spend more time with her in the company to make the transition smooth.
But, with Versus & Versace that are both a bit messy, she needs to leave on a high note.
Yes, the business is doing well but she needs to get the creative part together!

Amber Valletta (Donatella's longtime muse) closed the show, and that's giving me vibes of when Georgina Grenville closed the Gucci F/W 2004 show, Tom's final one for Gucci...

the only word I can think of for this is dreary

its just so blah. some weird attempt at streetwear that just looks sloppy and like a cheap mass produced stuff from forever 21. the models all look ragged and tired. i think this may be the worst collection of fashion week so far.

She deserves to go out on a high note, so I hope this wasn't her final collection. This was just really lackluster. From the streaks in the hair to the tired sportswear, it just obnoxiously panders to trends and "youth."

Amber Valletta (Donatella's longtime muse) closed the show, and that's giving me vibes of when Georgina Grenville closed the Gucci F/W 2004 show, Tom's final one for Gucci...

Yes maybe but Tom's final collection for Gucci was also a celebration and a retrospective of his work at the house. This is not.

2017 & 2018 will be very important years for Versace.
July 2017 will mark the 20 years of the death of Gianni. In 2018, Versace will celebrate it 40 years and i'm sure Donatella will celebrate it.
SS2018 will also mark the 20 years of Versace by Donatella.

I'm pretty sure that Donatella will celebrate her 20 years at the helm of the brand and will leave after the spring 2018 collection, with a mini retrospective of her work.

I can see Riccardo taking over Versace in 2018, to mark the 40 years of the house...It will be a way to show the filiation between Gianni, Donatella & Riccardo.

If S/S 2018 really is her last collection, i hope that it's on par with the iconic S/S 08 collection!

This is the most confused I've ever seen a designer is, and it's so terrible seeing Donatella be the one because we've seen her successfully depart the label from Gianni's aesthetic into something that was (hopefully still is if she is to design later collections after this) definitively and unequivocally hers! Even the looks that were true-blue Versace were more Gianni than her, which is not necessarily bad but it just adds to the whole confusion! Designers have to take back their role as trend-starters instead of followers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->