Givenchy F/W 2016.17 Paris

I'm sorry but I don't find appealing the whole Egyptian theme . I find most of the prints really awful... :(

This looked and felt so much like a pre-collection to me. Just a handful of ideas that weren't refined or explored/pushed far enough. It never really came to life. Quite forgettable. I really wish Riccardo would break out of his comfort zone and try to expand his vernacular.

And that maze set, jeez. Is it just me or did it look like Ondria might have walked the wrong way?

I don't know if Ondria was confused, I thought she might have walked the wrong way as well.

I don't think it's a bad collection at all, he's done worse in the past. But I'd say he played it safe this time; he reused a lot of ideas and most of the clothes seem to look forgettable. I don't see it particularly distinctive from his past collections. There are a few pieces that a like though, like the fur jacket on Julia Nobis. Perhaps nowadays in fashion, as long as the brand is hyped, you just need a few standout pieces to make up for the sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many times have we seen that military jacket in every single possible variation on the runways? And THAT'S the collection stroke of genius?

Honestly I'm praying that he's really leaving this brand, even if its to take on Dior. I can't take his autopilot crap anymore.

To people who say he hasn't been good for years...well everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm certainly not smoking what you are!

S/S 2014 was a crowning moment in Tisci's repertoire as far as I'm concerned (exquisite!), F/W 2014 was refined and beautiful, S/S 2015 a little bit Prada-esque and autopilot-ish but fine, F/W 2015 beautiful again and then S/S 2016 rather plain and unexciting in some ways but quite chic and luxe IMO.

This collection is definitely worse than anything he's done for a while but there are some chic looks tucked in there, unfortunately amongst some overly-loud prints. Too many ideas going on here and the so-so casting/random set only serves to increase the mediocrity of the affair.

I've seen much worse this season though...

I lost interest in Givenchy a few years ago and this collections is definitely not changing my mind. But with that said, I see a lot of outerwear and "wearable" pieces that can translate into highly sellable ensembles, perhaps paired with jeans or the knee high boots?

I also understand that Riccardo is in love with his print-making and that he's sometimes overusing it in his collection, this season he's exploiting that concept again, which is one of the staples for this house. I just feel fashion has gone past that point; thinking black t-shirts with stars or the angry dog. I can find those in the nearest thrift shop.

yeah, I guess I'm rambling off here a little bit but that's what came to mind when I saw this collection

It's a hit or miss for me. Some nice pieces but they get lost in the print on print styling. Not the worst I've seen but not the best. I'll wear this in a heartbeat over Balenciaga.

He is finished, but I hope he stays at Givenchy and leaves the rest of the brands alone.

this might be his most uninspired collection ever... and that's saying something, considering his latest efforts. hell, even the pre-collections look better than this. as a long-time (although tired fan) i always try to find something positive even in riccardo's most boring efforts, but here? i got nothing :|

this might be his most uninspired collection ever...

THIS!! A word that perfectly sums up this collection: uninspired! I've seen him do greater things than this but I think maybe because his last show was so hyped up that he wanted to tone down this season (?)

An average collection. Some good looks, some very bad looks.
The all black silhouettes and the bombers are great. I like the animalier.
Good shoes.
Not his best, not his worst...a good improvement after the spring collection.

I feel like he has reached his point at Givenchy.
I would like to see him at Dior. It will be a challenge for him and i know he will deliver.

They can give Givenchy to one of the hyped designer around.

Can someone post the accessories.

It's an ok collection. I loved the printed pieces with the striped ruffles in the back. With the exception of Mariacarla's dress the other prints seemed irrelevant, in fact there were a few pieces that seemed irrelevant( i guess they would be considered trendy, utility jackets, bomber jackets in such).

I must confess i lost a little of my hard on for Tisci when he put that 1987 Staten Island sofa upholstery fabric on that Kardashian.

Its ok, but as others mentioned it felt like a pre fall collection.
He does not even try anymore, too busy partying with Hip Hop celebs.

Attempting to watch the show was a mess, the camera's seemed to be operated by an impatient 3 year old with an itchy trigger finger - I think they wanted us to see the set (and the models getting lost), more than seeing the clothes.
I wish they would stop having to make the models endure those irritating risers on their route around the catwalk, you would think they would have learnt from S/S 16...

There was a lot going on with the clothes, but I think that was all hidden behind a vast amount of print rather than silhouette - in other words I think the phrase 'baffling us with bulls*t' was quite appropriate.
Nothing was really ground breaking - I liked the military looks, but at best they were pedestrian. I think the fact that looking at a lot of this I saw more of Kim Kardashian and her stylist than an actual designers vision is quite appalling for a designer who once got everyones attention, he should give up now - based on the fact he is only known for his one celebrity endorsement and his now lazy design skills.

My eyes are bleeding over that catwalk maze, what a truly f*cked up way to stage a show. Almost as bad as Hedi's 500 camera angle live catwalk stream.

Ondria looked beyond confused and Mariacarla was frantically looking left to right sob

I really like it and I love those Egyptian dresses at the beginning. There is some great suits here and the look on Lineisy is my fave or maybe I just love her. :P

I quite like this collection, I actually really really love the prints. Very wearable and the bohemian goth vibe adds a nice touch.

Couldn't even pay attention to the clothes with a presentation like this! The opening girl (she also lead the closing walk, not sure of her name) obviously wasn't given shoes her size hence the stumbles and near falls. Like come on Riccardo at least make sure the opener is good! From the multiple near collisions to people leaving before the models had even left the runway to Mariacarla and Ondria nearly having at it this show was a mess. From what I did manage to catch the clothes were alright, definitely more wearable than last season.

I didn't watch the livestream so I can't share the frustrations with everyone, but the clothes look decent in the photos. The theme is quite cliche, but at least the produced garments have design in them and they will surely sell. Bottom line, it did look like a pre-fall collection. But it's undeniable that there is a mix of great staple and trendy items throughout.

I like some pieces but the complete collection is not his best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->