Versace F/W 2016.17 Milan

Has Donatella been reading TFS comments? If do then well done! This is easily her best collection in years, it's sharp, tailored and very sexy without being unnecessarily so. It's one of the first times that I can imagine wearing Versace in a place other than a nightclub. Loved the suiting and the outerwear, but not the prints.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing about this collection is Donatella taking her bow. She is fabulous! I love her!

It is a very bland collection. It is not Versace in spirit neither in style. There is nothing vibrant about it.
It is actually quite Ghesquiere-ish.

It was hard to top that spring 2016.
I believe that she believe that this his the way to be relevant today but people who loves Versace loves it also because of the tackiness. Gianni elevated bad taste as art.

Personally, i will not go at Versace to buy a black pant or a nude patent oversized coat.
Her collections are so inconsistent...it kills me! From good (spring 2016), to bad (Couture) to good (Menswear)and then boring (this one)....and all in 6 months!

Right.
The girls- womens , who love-wear Versace because of the tackiness, because of all this medusa prints, because of Versace prints and symbols which makes the brand recognizable.
Where is Versace DNA?

In Milan, the brands has shown till now 2 kind of collections: the brands has shown too sporty instead luxury and sexieness - Versace,Pucci or too boring-classic-basic such Bottega Veneta , Max Mara , Emporio Armani ect.
Outsider are Gucci , Moschino and Philpp Plein.

In my opinion this was actually quite a good collection by Donatella. Same theme as the mens fall show and has a good connection to the womens spring show. HOWEVER...the casting as per usual sucks. I applaud Donatella for having the older girls on the runway (Irina, Adriana, MariaCarla, Natasha, Jamie, Kasia etc.) and picking out some good newer faces (Yasmin, Rianne, Mica). But a lot of the girls really looked like they had no idea what they were doing and really weren't able to project the Versace woman. I will say though that Kendall Jenner did an okay job, she worked the clothes and gave off a the Versace vibe. Gigi though...:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->