Versace for H&M

The_Ida

In Bloom
Reaction score
Great news! I just received a press release from H&M and the next H&M collab is with Versace. The collection will be available from the 19th of November in 300 shops world wide and online at h&m.com. Unfortunately there are no photos of the collection yet.
anywho.dk

http://www.anywho.dk/2011/06/21/versace-for-hm/

So apparently this is happening. This blog always gets it right and, well, they got the press release. Thoughts?

Hot off her high-energy men's wear show here Tuesday night, Donatella Versace has signed on to be Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Mauritz AB's annual guest designer.

The collection, described as a look back to the Italian brand's vibrant heritage, is to be sold in 300 H&M stores from Nov. 17. It will feature fashions for men and women along with home items.

In addition, Versace has designed a pre-spring collection that will be sold exclusive online in select countries from Jan. 19.

For complete coverage, see Wednesday's WWD.

wwd / june 21, 2011

this could be bigger than lanvin...
more people know the name "versace"...

Funny thing is Donatella once said this:

“I was asked to do that, too, and the reason I didn’t and said no is because I worked very hard to put Versace in the luxury segment and I didn’t want to confuse the brands.”
fashionweekdaily

^^
That what i was talking. I´m not into the collaboration at all.
I hate H&M.

^And I don't like the collab because I don't like Versace the slightest bit :lol:

She seems to be bringing Gianni's vision back lately with the new menswear collection and opening up the archive for Lady Gaga and now H&M. Gaga was bad enough, now H&M?

I'm just curious as to what made Donatella change her mind.

I wish she stuck to her words, I would have had more respect for her.

I wonder if she changed her mind after seeing the Lanvin for H&M collab? The quality of the dresses was outstanding. It was more Lanvin than H&M really.

versaceforhm.jpg

H&M's public facebook page

Surprised she didn't stick to her original thoughts. Oh well, I guess Donatella has her price too.
I'm sure this'll be fabulous. I can already see how crazy women will go for this.

I wonder if she changed her mind after seeing the Lanvin for H&M collab? The quality of the dresses was outstanding. It was more Lanvin than H&M really.
Really, my friend has one and it looks/feels like a yellow trash bag up close.

Really, my friend has one and it looks/feels like a yellow trash bag up close.
Even Alber Elbaz couldn't tell them apart from his own dresses. And yes, people pay thousands of dollars for frayed polyester dresses by Lanvin. The construction of those dresses is amazing.

Even Alber Elbaz couldn't tell them apart from his own dresses. And yes, people pay thousands of dollars for frayed polyester dresses by Lanvin. The construction of those dresses is amazing.

Maybe, but the fabrics are terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->