Versace S/S 2011 Milan

Full Collection [MQ's] Part Two.

style.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, thank you very much.
I must also admit, i like the collection from minute to minute more. The cuts are unique.
The shape of the dresses so stunning and sexy. That´s the way the woman should feel, strong, sexy, powerful.
Also the hair style with the detail in it, so different but amazing.
Only, only 3 long dresses, i was expecting more evening wear- cause this is what Versace was always famous for.

This beats Gucci by a mile, its really good

Like that's hard :innocent:

This collection is gorgeous. I especially love the red dresses. I'm not really loving the shoes like everyone else but the clothes are fab.

I'm trying to like this,but I just can't...it's still the worst Versace collection ever made for me :doh:
It's funny how lot of users who usually are into minimalism/conceptual fashion a la Balenciaga or CK and who usually complain about Versace being tacky,are really into this collection...but that's exactly the reason why I hate it...minimalism and Versace do not work well togheter!
Would you ever imagine Calvin Klein doing sexy cut-out gowns and short minis?Absolutely NOT!
Versace and minimalism are incompatible
Still funny that I'm the only one who still consider the past winter collection better than this mess :lol:

^ I'd rethink your theory that Versace and minimalism don't work because spareness aside this collection is so classically Versace it hurts.

To me it just sounds like you have a very narrowly defined idea of what Versace is and should be.

Hmm probably! :lol:
It's strange that it's the first time from 2002 we see this kind of shapes and those greek motif all over the dresses :huh:
You also cannot deny this is a very unusual collection from Donatella

The more i look at the collection, the more i realise that Christopher Kane most likely played a big part in the design process.

I see it more and more and I love it more and more, and that's not just because I didn't like the last two collections :P I'm even starting to warm up to the gowns' fringes!
This is how Gucci should have been: sexy, modern, slightly tacky and sexual. Only with the classic Versace colors, patterns and punch :woot:

finally something classy... that's a beautiful collection even though i'm not really a fan of this plastic(?) use. the shoes are amazing.

i'd have to look back, but this collection, in my mind, serves as the best and most pure representation of the real versace we've seen in years if not EVER since donatella has taken the helm. leave it to the house of gianni versace to remind us of that thread in the nineties that ran against the minimalism we all remember. there also existed this strong, sexy, brazen house called versace that provided such a beautiful foil during that time. this stuff suddenly looks perfectly relevant again and timely. yes, i love the resurgence of the nineties and the new wave of the seventies looks great, but this collection gave us an excellent bridge between the two combining the sleek shapes and lines of the former with the beautiful color and exuberance of the latter. if i had to be critical, i'd ask why versace can't get the handbag thing right because it never has had its moment with the other big european houses in the "it" bag arena, but other than that, i'd love to see this stuff mixed and matched with all of the new designers that grew up with this stuff in the first place.

00330m.jpg

style.com

^I actually think that the bags are quite nice. I don't see any need for Versace to get an "it" bag because most "it" bags from other brands are rather ugly, IMO. The bags here look interesting and smart, preferrable to the bags which I (personally) see as lumps of oversized leather with logos on them.

^they may not need it as part of their artistic oeuvre, but it'd certainly help their bottom line. and it's not unheard of for a house like versace.

OMG. this is one of my top 3 collections so far for SS2011.
such a "re-invention" of the versace idea, the elegance is back.

This collection just didn't push hard enough for me. For me, it's a bit too controlled and while most Versace collections are very commercial, this really takes the cake. I want to like it so bad because the clothing isn't bad at all but it just falls flat on the runway. I will say that she seems to have struck the right balance of younger and older customers in this collection. Usually I feel it's one or the other but there is something here for everyone. The last three gowns however, don't really contribute anything at all to the collection and seem like more of an afterthought "Versace must have gowns!!!" so they threw those in there. I will say I absolute detest how the greek key print was used, it looks incredibly tacky/cheap and doesn't seem modern at all.

Dresses
Interview January 2011
Double Vision
Melodie Monrose & Anais Mali by Sølve Sundsbø

otheredition.com via minus1
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fringe Dress
V69
Willy Vanderperre
styled by Panos Yiapanos

nitrolicious