Giorgio Armani S/S 11 Milan

Yeah i see it now. It's blue but it wasn't like that in livestream. It looked just black. Dresses are amazing as always but it's way too dark, at least for me.

is it just me or does it seem like armani is disconnected from the rest of fashion? the designs are seemingly dated. there is never a wow factor. striking concept of navy, but lacking in design quality from look to look. there is no sense of surprise.

As jeremy said, this seems really out dated. Not to mention, the layering is horrible.

Giorgio Armani doesnt need to follow trends and do what everyone else is doing
his designs have always been classic and elegant and this collection is no different
his customer isnt looking for something innovative but something they can have forever,
I feel thats why he has been in the business for so long

Loved the turbans paired with one earring only. Stunning match :heart:
Nothing spectacular that I noticed in the collection otherwise.

Is all the wrinkling and puckering on purpose? Even if it is, it looks like shoddy workmanship.

The gowns at the end are fab! The rest is a little bit of good thrown in with a lot of cheap and fug. :cry:, I never thought I would be usng the work cheap in connection with Armani.

Last edited by a moderator:
These clothes are so breathtaking it makes me cry. And that fetching blue.... i wish i could see this collection in motion as soon as possible. Thank you Sir Armani, the Greatest!!!!

I don't know why but his collections never make an impact on me on the runway. Of course they're gorgeous and all. But I always find his presentations so boring, that the collection finish to bore me aswell.
I'm going to wait the campaign, like every season, to make a real idea of the garments.

I love all the dresses...and the color blue he used(looks like royale blue, or dark royale) is the best and the most elegant. I always love Armani for men and woman... Very elegant.

It's very so-so. I like a it but some outfits do seem out dated. Not that that matters when it comes to Armani.
I LOVE the blue. I'm obsessed with Navy at the moment so I like the one colour collection.

is it just me or does it seem like armani is disconnected from the rest of fashion? the designs are seemingly dated. there is never a wow factor. striking concept of navy, but lacking in design quality from look to look. there is no sense of surprise.

seriously? he's designed costumes for lady gaga on the one hand and a collection for soccer players on the other hand. he designs the couture collection, his eponymous line, the emporio armani (and EA7) line, the collezioni line, the armani exchange line (all with corresponding mens lines), armani casa, and oversees a restaurant, cafe, and hotel. i think it's okay if he has a line like this one dedicated to his actual customer base and not some fashion critic or blogger somewhere. this stuff is iconic armani. he experimented quite a bit last season for all of the praise it got him in these quarters -- that is, little to none -- so i think he's right stick to what he does best. seriously, i'm impressed this man can give us the best of the seventies in his couture collection, this wonderfully executed collection here, yet still stun us with a leather man collection over at emporio.

00870m.jpg

style.com

This seems so depressing. I say more color! and the headpieces are annoying. Armani, where is the beautiful colors and upbeat silhouettes??!! :(

while nothing gets my juices flowing like a classic runways show, one of the beautiful products of the globalization of our world and its interconnectedness through the world wide web comes in moments like this giorgio armani show. while houses like burberry use the moment (as these major houses should) to shill their products in an unapologetic way, it's houses like giorgio armani that use these moments not only to connect their fanbase around the world, but to convince it of a feeling, a mood, a direction for the season to come.

this show did have all of the iconic armani basics -- perhaps to a fault -- but it also created something directional and dynamic at the same time. with giorgio pushing this type of moodiness here and chanel hinting at something like this with their newest, bleu, there's something dark in the air for spring.

00200m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
well.. well.. feels like i'm watching sex and the city 2 movies, arabian's night show! :P

I hate the layering.

but those blue dresses at the end were really lovely...

I'm practically in love with every piece here. The clothes, the accessories, everything is classic Armani, which never ceases to fascinate me :wub:

too much dark blue for my taste. and lot of dresses look very baggy. i don´t like the silhouettes... it´s not so elegant as used to be usually at Armani

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->