Victoria's Secret Show 2005

I never did like Isabeli....but I liked her in the VS show. Hmm....still looking forward to this year's show. Naomi is a good model and she's awesome on the runway but nicely put, I wouldn't want to be her maid.

hey Sun_Goddess, here is the entire 2001 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

I've uploaded it to megaupload, since it's too large for rapidshare.

enjoy :wink:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8A0GHCY0

KK opens the show and is the highlight (to me, at least). she just totally and completely rocked it!

this was my favourite show, Eva H. was sooooooooooo sultry as well, and Tyra just boomed on down the runway. Gisele owned it as well!

But this was about when I first really became interested in the models and I didn't know any of them except for Heidi, Tyra, Gisele & Eva H. BUT, to me then, the stand-outs were Karolina Kurkova (who I basically fell in love with instantly) and Rie Rasmussen (who possesses such a deep and wild sensuality . . oh my...)

as you all know, i love tyra. happycanadian, i appreciate your crush on tyra. i also love tyra, not just for her beauty but for her personality and her star power and the fact that she is still doin stuff.

did you know she is the host of germany's next top model? hah!

anywho, i like naomi for her walk and her personality depends on what side of the bed she got up on. she is an icon tho, so you gotta appreciate that. sometimes i wonder if she is VS material, i don't know if this show is as much commercial model as she is fashion model.

i like models with some spunk, i think fashion models have that less then commercial ones.

also, can someone give me a songs list from the 2001 and 2002 VS show, there is some pretty catchy stuff. thanks all.

oh, another comment, i'm actually sad that Tyra retired, i think she just should've stuck with VS and continued modeling, because she still models today, so yeah, i am actually kind of sad she retired, big mistake.

happycanadian said:
hey Sun_Goddess, here is the entire 2001 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

I've uploaded it to megaupload, since it's too large for rapidshare.

enjoy :wink:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8A0GHCY0

YAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH HAPPYCANADIAN!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

*KARMA KARMA KKAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!*

:innocent:

kungfuclown66 said:
as you all know, i love tyra. happycanadian, i appreciate your crush on tyra. i also love tyra, not just for her beauty but for her personality and her star power and the fact that she is still doin stuff.

did you know she is the host of germany's next top model? hah!
I thought Heidi Klum hosted Germany's Next Top Model.

Yah! I was just going to write that. She probably meant American's next top model but is talking about Heidi or something.

The show was absolutely stunning! I've seen it five to six times over and it never fails to impress me. The models were amazing and the music was perfect for the show - the themes were also very creative but they fitted the idea of lingerie perfectly. I especially loved the Russian babes section because Eugenia V. looked absolutely wonderful in the orange feather bustier top, Natasha P. was in green again (I think the colour's perfect for her - recall Dolce&Gabbana's S/S 06 collection in which she wore the large green petticoat-ful dress) and she was really professional and impressive the way she manoeuvred herself when her shoe was stuck on the runway, and Heidi Klum was super stylish the way she carried herself in the jewel blue outfit. I also find that their thick feathery capes emphasise the length and shape of their legs. VS definitely understands women very well (even if I speak from the capacity of a male).

Now let me address the two main issues that have popped up in this thread:

Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks
It should be the other way round considering that Heidi Klum actually learnt FROM Tyra - but never mind.
No, they're not too thick. They're both in their 30s and you can certainly tell, but they continue to look hot on the runways. It's partially because they've got very curvaceous bodies, but it's also important that they carry themselves with a very powerful confidence. The fact that they bother to swing their hair when they stop at the end of a runway shows that they are very comfortable with the way they look and don't mind showing it off to other people. This is the sort of confidence that ordinary people want to have - Heidi and Tyra both have exactly THAT confidence and this is why lots of people love and admire them.
And a large majority of fashion models are young - it averages from 16 to 22. The fact that there are two women who're in their 30s and yet still dare to wear lingerie and show themselves off is what defines them as legendary.

The Natasha Poly Shoe Incident
Some of us are wondering what the big hype is about Natasha P. and the shoe when models seasonally lose their shoes on the runway.
I'd like to deal with this by analysing what Victoria's Secret's fashion shows are; they aren't just fashion shows. For high fashion shows during Milan, Paris, New York and London Fashion Week, the key aim is to:
a) Show potential buyers what they can expect the next season;
b) Show the fashion world what a designer can do and what they can expect him/her to do;
c) (mostly for haute couture) Function as a canvas for the artistic ventures of the fashion designer and allow them to show off their individual styles
I know this is not an exhaustive list but till the end, high fashion shows focus on the clothes and not on the show or the models themselves. Those are secondary (only the fashion-crazy like me and a lot of the TFS population will bother).
Victoria's Secret's fashion shows, on the other hand, aren't plainly about the lingerie. It's not just a fashion show per se - high fashion shows are fashion shows while VS fashion shows are fashion shows.
If no one understood that confusing explanation, what I meant was that VS fashion shows are kind of like Broadway shows that depict fashion shows; they are larger-than-life versions of real runways.
Of course, the commercial value of it is enormous; I won't deny that. On the other hand, there IS something about the entertainment value of VS Fashion Show that makes it not just a fashion show - otherwise, why the hell would they waste money to invite Chris Botti onto the show to perform the trumpet?
I have officially gone off on a tangent. To refer back to the Natasha Poly shoe incident, it was hyped up because Natasha's recovery after losing her shoe to a hole/gap/crevice/shark/biting mouse in the runway was professionally done regardless of the fact that unlike a usual fashion show, this was one that was going to be televised and scrutinised by people all over the world. If a model loses a shoe during a normal fashion show, the audience will at most be like, "Oh dear, ouch, hope she's ok" or "Oops" and then go on to focus on the clothes she's wearing. But VS Fashion Show, on the other hand, is going to be scrutinised by millions of television viewers worldwide who ARE going to go "Oh my goodness, she just lost a shoe!" and a million other possibly ditzy replies. Professionals who have just finished watching a normal runway show may discuss the cut of the clothes and how the designer showed his/her flair in the clothes over lunch the next day. The majority of television viewers, on the other hand, are more likely to go, "Did you see that model who lost her shoe on the runway? It was so scary!"
I'm very sure that the models know this difference as a fact and are hence faced with a much stronger pressure (they're going to be scrutinised by millions worldwide). The fact that Natasha, knowing she was under the watchful eyes of a million people all over the world, could calmly slip out of the shoe and continue gliding down the runway like nothing had happened just proves her immense professionalism and coolness. Furthermore if you watch closely you'll notice that she has to BEND her foot as if the heel was still there - and it's going to be very painful and difficult because the heel was at least three inches high - the runway isn't very short. I admire her for that. And you must admit that she is darn gorgeous =]

Edited to Add: I would also like to mention that the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2005 runway was covered with a lot of dangerous litter. There was the confetti of course, but there were also potentially lethal objects such Tyra Banks' trillion-dollar bracelet (ouch) and loose decorum from the XXXXXXXXXXXXXL size wings they have.

NOTE: Does anyone notice that Victoria's Secret is one of the rare fashion labels in which the designers are not of particular attention, or at least the Creative Head or the Head of Design? Their shows don't exactly feature very mass-marketable pieces (example: Heidi's glow-in-the-dark bra and Isabeli's fully-edible lingerie) so I don't really count VS as being in the same league as Target or GAP (although I believe the target range is similar, or at least overlapping).

Anyone knows who designs for VS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy @#$^%. It is official. Victoria's Secret definitely has the most beautiful women in the world walking for them.

^^ OH MY GOD!!! When did this happen!!!? Stop the presses!!! :lol: :rolleyes:

Chantal Thomas or something--the french designer does some naughty lingerie for VS.

On a side note, Giselle looks goooooooooooooooood in orange

kungfuclown66 said:
can someone give me a songs list from the 2001 and 2002 VS show, there is some pretty catchy stuff. thanks all.

*2001*

Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Father Figure - George Michael
Let the Sun Shine In - The Fifth Dimension (Performed live by gospel choir)

*2002*

Segment 1 - It's some classical opera piece. I've been trying to find this piece for years now. It was also used in Dior HC a couple of seasons ago. It was from the last segment of the show, where Teagen Dearing came out in this big white fluffy gown, carrying a rifle.

Segment 2 - State of Independence - Donna Summer (Performed live by gospel choir)

Segment 3 - Remix of Aranjuez Concerto.

Segment 4 - By the Way [Remix] - Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I believe the Dior show that ChinaLove is referring to is Dior Fall/Winter 2005 Haute Couture ... but I'm not too sure about the music.

Anyway, for anyone who really wants the music during the burlesque-ish section of the VS Fashion Show 2005 (the part which Tyra Banks opens with the black lingerie and a matching pair of black, curly wings), someone recreated the music by mixing Audio Bullys' Shot You Down featuring Nancy Sinatra and Henry Mancini's Lujon. Here's the link to the person's blog and a link to the mix (get it directly through the link:(

http://ducpodcast.blogspot.com/

It's the latest post (under the title "Shot You Down (Victoria Secret Remix)) - I hope I'm not breaking any TFS rules by doing this or linking to it.

Personally, I think the mix is very professionally done and stays very very true to the original mix on the VS runway track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iglo42
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->