Victoria's Secret Show 2005

EdanChrysler said:
I believe the Dior show that ChinaLove is referring to is Dior Fall/Winter 2005 Haute Couture ... but I'm not too sure about the music.

Anyway, for anyone who really wants the music during the burlesque-ish section of the VS Fashion Show 2005 (the part which Tyra Banks opens with the black lingerie and a matching pair of black, curly wings), someone recreated the music by mixing Audio Bullys' Shot You Down featuring Nancy Sinatra and Henry Mancini's Lujon. Here's the link to the person's blog and a link to the mix (get it directly through the link:(

http://ducpodcast.blogspot.com/

It's the latest post (under the title "Shot You Down (Victoria Secret Remix)) - I hope I'm not breaking any TFS rules by doing this or linking to it.

Personally, I think the mix is very professionally done and stays very very true to the original mix on the VS runway track.

Professionally done is an understatement--I would've swore he done the original mix himself.

Very, very well done.

EdanChrysler said:
NOTE: Does anyone notice that Victoria's Secret is one of the rare fashion labels in which the designers are not of particular attention, or at least the Creative Head or the Head of Design? Their shows don't exactly feature very mass-marketable pieces (example: Heidi's glow-in-the-dark bra and Isabeli's fully-edible lingerie) so I don't really count VS as being in the same league as Target or GAP (although I believe the target range is similar, or at least overlapping).

Anyone knows who designs for VS?
i would say victorias secret is not in the same league as target. the bras are about 50 bucks each for basic ones. ther are cheaper ones, and there are more expensive ones.

as for the designers. its like most mass produced type brands, it has a design team. however VS is unique in a way because they do carry what they call third party items, which are designed by guest designers. We have a line by Chantel Thomas, one by Betsy Johnson and one by Intimissimi right now.

i also heard somewhere that Chantel designed the ligerie for one of the fashion shows

kim_tominaga said:
Doutzen was the one fixing her shoe as she stepped out of the line.
I know because if you watch it carefuly, you can see natasha walking right behind doutzen when doutzen was fixing her shoe.

Natasha left her shoe on the runway and kept walking

Trust me, I have seen the show a hundred times, literally.:(
hey:woot: just what i needed......plizzzpost the images to the fashion mishaps if you catch them:wink: :wink: oh god i finaly got to see it today.....oh by the way i think i herd tyra sayin she lost a $1m bracelet:shock:

haha.

actually, i think she said: "and omigod, i just lost like a 3 trillion dollar bracelet on the runway". :smile: she's awesome!!

actually, i think she said: "and omigod, i just lost like a 3 trillion dollar bracelet on the runway".
smile.gif
she's awesome!!

Oh I recall that - she had just returned to backstage after her runway part for the Russian Babes section - she came back and then lifted up her wrist, pointing and saying, "I lost a trillion dollar bracelet on the runway and I had no idea where it went! But I've just got to drop it like it's hot 'cos its <I can't tell what's being said at this part> and I'm so excited!" When she's saying that, the backstage people behind, if you notice carefully, are bending over something on the ground - then one of them picks up a shining wide bracelet that's the one she was wearing on the runway - they attempt to notify her to it while she's talking but she doesn't notice and then walks off afterwards without realising her bracelet had been found within two metres of her :lol:

i wanted to say that the person who left a really really long comment on VS, was exactly on point with tyra and heidi, i'd like to add that only a couple of the 90's famous supermodels are still doing their thing today, ppl like heidi, naomi and tyra. Iman and Cindy do their thing but not to the level that heidi naomi and tyra have. Also, i think famousness in modeling is switching from fashion to commerial. commercial models are well known and wanted more because they are well known, and in an era where money is everything and famous = money, a famous model is money. that is why they have stars selling stuff then supermodels.

i don't know if you count janice dickinson as a supermodel, she is a model trying to become a supermodel, if you were a supermodel, you wouldn't have an existing supermodel yelling it on her show on every episode, the world would know it.

also, who is beveryl peele and is she a supermodel? is she famous and if yes then for what?

anywho, for all of u realizing and appreciating what great models tyra and heidi are, gratzi.

happycanadian, you rock still

oh and thanks for giving me the songs from the 01 and 02 shows,\

For the wondering minds..look under Tyra's arm, there's the bracelet
185289101_a52a753249.jpg

The guy tries to tell her, but she obviously doesn't hear him :lol:
185289102_46b5a57727.jpg

my own caps

funkalicious said:
Does anyone have the music from the show? Please email it to me!

Search within the first 20 pages of the thread and you'll find it:flower:

funkalicious said:
Does anyone have the music from the show? Please email it to me!
hey heres the playlist for the show.
1. LIVE Chris Botti
INTRO
2. Carol of the Bells- US Army
3. Sarajevo 12/24 - Savotage
SECTION 1 SANTAS
4. I like the way you move - Bodyrockers
5. Swan Lake - Andre Previn
SECTION 2 SHADOW
6. Bang Bang - Audio Bullys
7. Lujon -Henry Mancini
SECTION 3
8. Crazy - Seal
SECTION 4 DELICIOUS
9. Pon de Replay - Rihanna
10. I Want Candy - Aaron Carter
SECTION 5 RUSSIAN
11. Plaine, Ma Plaine - Paul Mauriat
12. Drop It Like it’s Hot - Snoop Dog
LIVE Ricky Martin
SECTION 6 TOYS
13. La La - Teairra Mari
14. Good Luck - Bassment Jaxx
15. Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet

enjoy!!!

Beverly peel was on Sister sister! Haha....I didn't realize she was an actual 'supermodel' until it said Beverly peel as herself. Is she a supe? Never heard of her...:unsure:

Jacque Marcel said:
There's a pic of Tyra and Naomi together backstage at wireimage.com but it's so small to preview

I bet Noami will look stunning as usually and Tyra will continue to look like a man in drag...which is unfortunate considering she use to be so so pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iglo42
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->