Vintage Shoes

Sacrificed my sleep for these beauties from the 1920's! At 4.35 pm they became mine!
pic from ebay

Attachments

• Strappy.jpg
    Strappy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
^ They look like they would be worth it! I would probably sacrifice my beauty sleep for them too!

Vintage heels

I love wearing vintage heels, what about you? Post any pic's of you fav vintage shoes

Me too! Here are my favourites.

Attachments

• Billede(587).jpg
    Billede(587).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2
Those are beautiful, what year do you think they are from?

They are most probably from the late 50's. You can see it on the heel :smile:

shoe adverts from the 1950s
:heart:
1950shoesadvert.jpg

flat.heel.shoes.jpg

credit: www.fashion-era.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The flats are also tdf! They remind a little some of the current Miu Miu styles.

I have also these from the late 40's - they have never been worn. The color is purple metallic.

Attachments

• Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3
Wish I had access to my Aunt's old closet. She wore spikes everyday to the office in the 60's, all designer stuff.

I could probably make a killing on eBay !!

But that's all been gone for a long time. Not sure what she did with them all.

Sad news - had to let the beauties from #21 go - they were too narrow. How can it be that all vintage shoes are so narrow? I don't think people had so narrow feet at that time. My grandmother was born in 1901 (she was very old when she got my mom) and she had absolutely normal feet!

I love finding vintage shoes at a good price. I love it better when they are in great condition. Usually I have a hard time finding them for myself because I wear a size 9 shoe, so I have started finding ones that I like anyway to sell on a later day. I have a pair like the very first picture of this thread, but instead of black, green. Gosh are they gorgeous.

Zarina, you wear your vintage shoes right (or just for looks)? I know a lot of people who will wear vintage clothes, but not the shoes because they are grossed out or something like that.

Yes, I wear my vintage shoes. They are often quite comfortable because the arch is more curved and therefore gives better support.

I think larger sizes are more difficult to find because of pure physics. More weight on a shoe that is of the same construction as smaller sizes will cause the shoe to wear out more quickly. :( And I wear a 40 so it's hard to find vintage shoes that fit me. :angry:

^^ That makes no sense.

There aren't as many large vintage shoes available now because there weren't as many made then. Women's feet were smaller then for some reason, just as there weren't as many tall women then as there are now.

Genetics or evolution, take your pic, but women's sizes have changed quite a bit in 50 years.

That makes no sense either. You cant generalize and say there were no tall women. There had to be larger shoes, maybe all of those women kept theirs. Thrifting is not like department store shopping, you will find the average sizes (6,7) more often than really small or really big shoes.

In general people have been a bit smaller than today, but what I find strange is the proportions of the footwear. It is no problem to find a size 6, which fits in the length, but they are always extremely narrow. That surprises me, because I never read anywhere that people's feet had other proportions and my grandmother and great grandmother had normal feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"