Vogue Australia June 2024 : Anya Taylor-Joy by Josh Olins

I mean, I don't know what to reasonably expect from this magazine anymore, but that typeface is so amateur looking. Did someone just throw this together in Canva? The cropping of the photo is odd to me, too... why cut off half the feet? Either show them or don't. Reminds me of the awful cropping on the Elle MacPherson Elle cover where it cut off just below her ankles.

The cropping of the photo is odd to me, too...

When you look back at the amount of effort magazines used to put into creating their covers - crafting their cover blurb, selecting the colours, putting time aside during the shoot to capture images solely designed to work on the front of the issue - and now you get covers where they don't think it's worth ensuring the subject is completely in frame.

I immediately veto any issue with a “interviewed by” byline. Pay real journalists to do real interviews!

Having Chris interview her was probably more to draw in Australian customers.

Surprised that she still hasn't covered the US version

I still can't get behind her. No matter what role she's in, her face just never fully translates itself into what it needs to be because of her particular structuring. Always seeing Anya and her blond hair, and rarely the character she's embodying.

how could she look so dull and btchy evrytime?
is it because she dressed in dior

The third black and white is stunning but the rest of it looks like it was pulled off some model's profile on Model Mayhem. She looks like a model / old Hollywood actress but doesn't give the strong face that would work for the look.

Enough now!
«Furiosa» is also not a great movie - just saw it yesterday in a press screening.
She's very limited in comparison to Charlize.

Quite fond of the cover, despite being firmly of the belief that a smile would've elevated this immensely. There's a sense of brightness to it which I can appreciate, especially after Vogue Australia's dark Naomi Campbell and Zendaya covers. I like the whole Bardot vibe I'm getting...

DREAM GIRL
Photography: Josh Olins
Styling: George Cortina
Hair: Gregory Russell
Make-up: Georgie Eisdel
Model/Celebrity: Anya-Taylor Joy

Vogue France Digital Edition

The cover is nothing special but this is the best she's looked for a magazine. She used to be a model but for me, her look has never translated well to magazines or digital covers, but she looks good here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->