UK Vogue June 2016 : The Duchess of Cambridge by Josh Olins

I don't have my subscription copy, and wasn't even motivated to get a newsstand issue. Flicking through it a few times, for an issue that's supposed to be a summation of a century, the typical UK Vogue flair for dullness was the impression I got, rather than feeling it was an instant must-buy. I'll always like reprints of any classic images from the archives, or reflective commentary on moments from the past, but I can wait for that.

I'd probably feel a bit more positive about the issue if my subscription copy had turned up, but if they can't be bothered making sure I get it, I can't be bothered boosting their sales by buying it.

I never see her look like that, I like it a lot
Great makeup, everything

THE CREATIVE REVIEW PT.1
PHOTOGRAPHER: TIM WALKER
TALENT: EDIE CAMPBELL, LORD SNOWDON, BRYAN FERRY, JEAN CAMPBELL, GEORGIA MAY JAGGER, JERRY HALL, DAVID BAILEY, FENTON BAILEY, SASCHA BAILEY, STACY MARTIN, EDDIE REDMAYNE, ADWOA ABOAH, ELLIOTT JAY BROWN, KATE MOSS, LILA GRACE MOSS, LILY DONALDSON, KAREN ELSON, MICHAEL CLARK, TILDA SWINTON, GRAVITY FATIGUE DANCERS (STEPHANIE MCMANN, INPANG OOI, MARSO RIVIERE, JACK WEBB), BEN WHISHAW, CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, NAOMI CAMPBELL, FKA TWIGS, GRAYSON PERRY, PETER BLAKE, ANTHONY JOSHUA, STEVE MCQUEEN, KEIRA KNIGHTELY, STELLA TENNANT, ERIN O’CONNOR & DAVID HOCKNEY
SET DESIGN: EMMA ROACH (EDDIE REDMAYNE, GRAVITY FATIGUE DANCERS, CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, FKA TWIGS, PETER BLAKE AND ANTHONY JOSHUA, STEVE MCQUEEN, STELLA TENNANT) & SHONA HEATH (LILY DONALDSON)
HAIR: SAM MCKNIGHT MAKE-UP: SAM BRYANT (ERIN O’CONNOR JEAN CAMPBELL & EDIE CAMPBELL)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP/GROOMING: SAM BRYANT (STELLA TENNANT, KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, STEVE MCQUEEN, PETER BLAKE, ANTHONY JOSHUA, TILDA SWINTON, KAREN ELSON, LILY DONALDSON, ADWOA ABOAH, EDDIE REDMAYNE, GEORGIA MAY JAGGER, JERRY HALL & BRYAN FERRY)
HAIR: SOICHI INAGAKI MAKE-UP: SAM BRYANT NAILS: IMARNI (FKA TWIGS)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP: ALEX BABSKY (NAOMI CAMPBELL)
HAIR: SHON MAKE-UP: MIRANDA JOYCE (CHARLOTTE RAMPLING & STACY MARTIN)
MAKE-UP: ISAMAYA FFRENCH (MICHAEL CLARK)
HAIR: SAM MCKNIGHT MAKE-UP: MIRANDA JOYCE (LILA GRACE & KATE MOSS)
HAIR: GIANNI SCUMACI GROOMING: MIRANDA JOYCE (DAVID BAILEY, FENTON BAILEY, SASCHA BAILEY)
GROOMING: GARY GILL (LORD SNOWDON)

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

THE CREATIVE REVIEW PT.2

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

HRH THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
PHOTOGRAPHER: JOSH OLINS
TALENT: HRH THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE (KATE MIDDLETON)
STYLING: LUCINDA CHAMBERS
HAIR: AMANDA TUCKER
MAKE-UP: SALLY BRANKA

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

Kate's edito... so boring :neutral:
But a lot of great pictures in Tim Walker's edito ! Especially the one of Stella.

The editorials posted so far feel like a normal March issue to me.... and this is the Vogue100 issue?

AS TIME GOES BY
PHOTOGRAPHER: MARIO TESTINO
MODEL: STELLA TENNANT, SAM ROLLINSON, ERIN O’CONNOR, JEAN CAMPBELL, KAREN ELSON, EDIE CAMPBELL, RUTH BELL, ROSIE HUNTINGTON-WHITELEY, GABRIEL-KANE DAY-LEWIS, KATE MOSS & JOURDAN DUNN
STYLING: LUCINDA CHAMBERS
HAIR: SAM MCKNIGHT
MAKE-UP: VAL GARLAND
NAILS: TRISH LOMAX

IN HQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

what a let down so far, they could have done so much more! and the kate middleton part is the worst, just beyond dull and boring

Kate's edito... so boring :neutral:
But a lot of great pictures in Tim Walker's edito ! Especially the one of Stella.

Omg preach! You have Kate on the cover and there were only 4 outfits?!

I absolutely Tim's edit, Karen's, Erin's and Stella's shot are sublime. Even Mario's edit is incredible (shocker), this is a proof that British Vogue can pull off a good job if they actually try. I just wish that they had included Florence Welch as well, she'd have been perfect for it. Definitely buying this issue!

Last edited by a moderator:
A special thanks to Justaguy for posting the edits, and for detailing those eternally long credits! :wink:

I've not had time to pick this issue up, but I believe it's officially on sale now, so it will be a nice Sunday morning treat. The casting really looks tremendously fit for their 100th anniversary issue. I like that it's about British movers and shakers as much as it is about Vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stella Tennant's shot is amazing. The whole editorial is great, but that shot is perfect.
Pleasantly surprised to see Dior let him use a Galliano dress.

And Lily's shot is most likely inspired by this January 1923 cover:

tumblr_o6pqztWQFi1qa214go2_540.jpg

vogue.co.uk

No Lily Cole in the Tim Walker edit? :( they did such wonderful work together in the past for vogue uk

I like "as time goes by" but it's all nothing special.

I'm confused by the as time goes by photo representing the 60s. are those supposed to be Mods dressed up as a mix of bikers, teddy boys and punks? they got their subcultures confused :lol:

It's just missing the Ab-Fab editorial, but it's nothing special at all...

Walker's ed is perfection and has a lot of range, there's something for everyone on that ed, but this issue should've been a lot stronger...

The content is very bad and underwhelming for their special anniversary. I honestly had biggher hopes for this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->