Vogue Australia October 2020 : Sia by Micaiah Carter

Is that a change in layout? The cover is very amateur, trying hard to be fashion but falling flat and looking cheap. Very happy for Sia tho!

It might pop on newsstands with all that color, so I guess that's a plus.

I love it! The background would have been something different but all the same its an eye catching cover. Only thing i dont like is how the word Australia appears.

If this would be a piece of modern art, I could kinda approve of its existence, but as a magazine cover it's an absolute no-no. Why is the another hand cropped away? Why it is "sia" and "MUSIC WITH HEART"? Well maybe it actually is kinda like modern art, leaving so many questions for the beholder to apprehend

Did Beyonce stick the flower on her face? LOL.

Micaiah's first Vogue cover! Yay, I like it but without the obviously photoshopped flower. The boldness of the colour matches the new bold font which I like. Keen to see how this new art direction starts settling in over the next few months. Do think that Vogue Australia try too hard sometimes to fall in line with the international fashion scene despite them being one season 'behind'. Case in point this cover, which looks very autumnal with the warm tones. They've got such beautiful landscapes plus they're heading into summer, surely something lighter would've been better?

As for Sia, this cover is a bit late, she should've gotten one way earlier.

Last edited:
Sia? Why photograph someone for the cover of a fashion magazine who doesn’t want to show their face?

Sia? Why photograph someone for the cover of a fashion magazine who doesn’t want to show their face?

Better her than the Biebers... also, I feel like it's somewhat refreshing to have such a distinct celebrity on the cover. Personally, I never would've expected Sia on Vogue.

Better her than the Biebers... also, I feel like it's somewhat refreshing to have such a distinct celebrity on the cover. Personally, I never would've expected Sia on Vogue.
I guess it’s better than the Biebers. And I guess it’s refreshing to see her on the cover, but I never cared for her.

Sia wears that Margiela well. The styling really suits her persona. But echoing everyone’s comments, what’s with the pretentious flower?

It's Australian Vogue... of course they've changed the layout yet again!

But maybe Edwina is doing that to sort of stay fresh. I don't like it when magazines constantly revamp the magazine but at least she gives her readers enough times to get used to an art direction, unlike Arp who change it up almost every issue.

I like they used Sia personally, but I feel like there are far more creative things that could have been done around her not wanting to show her face. You could have had something seriously Fashion-lead and striking here. Instead you’ve just kind of got so-so.

The hand and arm placement is so bizarre also.

I like Sia and it’s an eye catching cover. As soon as I read the thread title I thought ‘but she never shows her face!’ and here we are. I like the colours and kudos for VA to put that Margiela on the cover super well done but instead of that gigantic rose why not a more fashionable head accessory that could also be covering her face? Philip Treacy comes to mind as he has outstanding fascinators and whatnot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->