Vogue Australia October 2020 : Sia by Micaiah Carter

The Margiela coat is great. That’s as far as I can go in my praise lol

Vogue US level atrocious. Why bother with creativity at all, right?
Also, could’ve asked her to show her face, since it really is not hard to find her without the dumb wigs and masks, and she has a cute face actually?
Sia? With her face covered? Groundbreaking.

Yeah they could've done a lot better because c'mon it´s sia in Margiela

All this reminds me of is the current cover of Marie Claire France with Virginie Efira - same background, same red, same text placement:

love the concept but some parts kinda remind me of that parasite growth from human head on Resident Evil 5

LOVE Sia, but this looks very '90s Interview magazine.

It does resemble Ingrid’s Interview (on the few and rare occasions when the covers don’t resemble tabloid rags. She was a thoughtful interviewer— but she had absolutely no artistic vision and the rag suffered visually because of that).

This... It’s at least an effort. It’s at least high fashion with John’s Margiela. It’s at least a professional-looking shoot. And it’s at least a talented and unique individual instead of some hypebeast of the moment.

The results aren’t bad although not good either (LOL @the so-awkward 'shopped rose...)— although with Australia, they’ll come out with something entirely at odds with this cover layout since they can’t seem to decide on a consistent creative direction. And despite how clueless it all is, I’ll take it in these days of the lowest of the lowliest of standards: Are there even standards anymore???

This really is SO awful. In 2020, Who cares about Sia?

Vogue Australia October 2020

Sia

Photographer: Micaiah Carter
Stylist: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Danilo
Makeup: Tonya Brewer
Cast: Sia

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Feat. Benee

Photographer: Luca Cucchiara
Stylist: Paris Mitchell Temple
Hair: Sean Patrick Mahoney
Makeup: Lochlain Stonehouse
Cast: Benee

Vogue Viewpoint: Spring Awakening

Photographer: Ben Simpson
Stylist: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Joel Forman
Makeup: Joel Babocc
Cast: Kristen Apollos

Vogue Viewpoint: Strings Attached

Photographer: Isaac Brown
Stylist: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Madison Voloshin
Makeup: Isabella Schimid
Cast: Agi Akur

oh wow I really like this issue! Sia’s editorial turned out to be really good!

Abbey’s editorial is sooo good I can’t even and the other two are nice too.

very happy to see Benee featured as I like her music at lot and the styling on her ed suits her personality too.

well done!

What happened to Vogue Australia? They’ve really come to the point of having not a hint of brand identity as the creative and art direction changes from month to month, where once they were so confident in their sun-and-surf, out-in-the-plains brand of personality to HF. Now it’s awful. juvenile styling and Numero-wannabe at best, but usually clueless desktop publisher for kidz stories like the ones you'd find in Lucy's. Even Abbey can’t save this.

(And sheesh, again with the condensed reprint of that Vogue Japan September story “The Joy Of All Tomorrows”. Give it a rest already.)

I´m gonna just throw this out there... is Abbey having the career that Gemma aspired to? :P

^ She's been looking amazing lately. I saw 'Mad Max: Fury Road' a few months ago during lockdown and her acting wasn't bad either. Her editorial is very Vogue Australia circa 2009/10. Don't care about anything else, but yay for Micaiah getting a big cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->