Vogue Australia September 2009 : Cate Blanchett by David Downton

OMG, this is so great! great idea of mixing art & fashion in a cover! i actually like the 4 of them. but the first and fourth covers are, IMO, the best ones. :wink: Cate's so beautiful and glamorous. hopefully the 4 covers would be all available here in the Philippines once it arrives here. :smile:

Cate Blanchett - I don't like ANYTHING about her but last cover is good.

This is a really great idea and it's so good to see Vogue Australia still putting in a lot of effort and going above and beyond than merely pleasing advertisers (not that it has completely failed in this - hello, Armani).

I don't think they've 'forgotten' Gemma (Ward I'm assuming), but Gemma doesn't really model anymore does she?

Designers dress Karlie Kloss for Vogue Australia's anniversary.

For Vogue Australia’s September issue, the fashion department pulled out all stops. Joining a 30 page fashion editorial with Abbey Lee and Catherine McNeil will be a special shoot with Karlie Kloss.

Kloss appears in bikinis commissioned by Vogue Australia’s editor-in-chief Kirstie Clements from leading designers around the world. With the idea of an Aussie cossie in mind, Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld, Burberry’s Christopher Bailey, Frida Giannini from Gucci, Christian Dior's John Galliano, Bally’s Brian Atwood, Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana and Calvin Klein’s Francisco Costa came up with pieces perfect for bathing on Bondi Beach.
Ph: Todd Barry
M: Karlie Kloss
3292251n.jpg
3292331n.jpg

3292271n.jpg
3292351n.jpg

3292291n.jpg
329231-1_n.jpg

329223-1_n.jpg

vogue.com.au

The covers are beautiful. I'm hoping all four covers make it overseas!

I love the idea of the cover, but I think it feels a little bit aged. What bothers me about the cover is a) it doesn't feel very modern and b) the muted colours.

The Abbey/Cat editorial looks sublime though! :heart:

When's the actual magazine coming out!? INternationally!?

SOOO EXCITED!

^ first post said this coming wednesday so hopefully I'll get is then. Internationally, I guess it would be the usual time delay.

For once I don't mind seeing Cate on a cover. All 4 covers are great.
I don't care which cover the store choses for me, because there all pretty good.

Abbey and Catherine's editorial looks promising, as well as Karlie's.

When's the actual magazine coming out!? INternationally!?

SOOO EXCITED!

Release date is Wed 5th August for Oz.
Internationally i'm not sure. Depends what sort of freight your store uses.

The covers are fantastic. I'm sure that ALL the eds are gorgeous!
MON - This will be out (Philippines) on August 12, Wednesday. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->