Vogue Brazil May 2020 : Gisele Bündchen by Luigi & Iango

New normal? With Gisele looking « natural », close to the nature and shot on the same angle? Sounds like same old to me...

I like the cover with the Prada dress. Brings calm and serenity.

“The new boring” should be the title of this magazine. Love Gisele anyway...

Their 40th anniversary cover with Gisele by Inez and Vinoodh was iconic, their 30th anniversary covers with Gisele were also fantastic-- taking a chameleon like Gisele and using her for 6 very different editorials and covers. But this, what is this? What's the point of booking her if you're not going to produce the same level of work. Disappointing. You should have given us Caroline T, Raquel Z, Alessandra, Adriana, and Isabeli. I hate that this magazine forgets that it has any top models besides Gisele and doesn't choose to celebrate them as a group.

Their 40th anniversary cover with Gisele by Inez and Vinoodh was iconic, their 30th anniversary covers with Gisele were also fantastic-- taking a chameleon like Gisele and using her for 6 very different editorials and covers. But this, what is this? What's the point of booking her if you're not going to produce the same level of work. Disappointing. You should have given us Caroline T, Raquel Z, Alessandra, Adriana, and Isabeli. I hate that this magazine forgets that it has any top models besides Gisele and doesn't choose to celebrate them as a group.
I really think the problem is that the girls don’t want to be in a group cover.
Raquel doesn’t want to shoot to any Brazilian magazine. They try but she always say no.

Alessandra was in anniversary cover two years ago.

I really think the problem is Luigi and Iango, and the fixation that the new fashion director has to work with the duo. They are good to Vogue Japan, not to Vogue Brazil. The best covers of this magazine in the last two years was shoot for Brazilian photographers.

and the 30th anniversary was with Caroline Trentini not Gisele

Really? I didn't know that. Is there a specific reason?
We don’t know, she doesn’t have a agent here.

but Elle Brazil tried for several years, Vogue, Marie Claire and Bazaar too. Always a BIG NO.

It feels like I’ve seen this before

I like the last cover only because it's at least somewhat different. Not a fan of her work for the past few years. I find that her public image and 'earth mother' crusade tends to dictate editorial. Like a celebrity. She hasn't been a model in the traditional sense for some time now whereas Christy and Amber still avail themselves to what photographers/art directors want for whichever story. They still do thematic shoots.

Very underwhelming anniversary covers overall which would have been passable for an odd month like October. And it's all on Vogue Brazil because her Vogue Germany editorial with Luigi & Iango was stunning. They should've just booked Nino Munoz and call it a day.

We don’t know, she doesn’t have a agent here. but Elle Brazil tried for several years, Vogue, Marie Claire and Bazaar too. Always a BIG NO.

Wow, I wonder why Raquel doesn't want to shoot for Brazilian magazines yet she see nothing wrong with playing second fiddle to Erika Linder in VP.

I'm programmed to automatically love anything Gisele Bündchen and Luigi & Iango related, so this is an instant hit for me. The two covers might not be the most captivating of Gisele's career but she really is the perfect person to help Vogue Brazil celebrate their 45th anniversary!

Not a fan of her work for the past few years. I find that her public image and 'earth mother' crusade tends to dictate editorial.

Gisele doesn't seem to do anything else these days than sell herself as a mega-mansion earth mother, no doubt inhabiting the same spiritual plane as Gwyneth Paltrow and vibrating with the same energy of all the millions of dollars that lesser mortals are too unenlightened to receive.

She was great all the years when she did glam and had that dog that would sh*t everywhere during shoots.

I'm programmed to automatically love anything Gisele Bündchen and Luigi & Iango related, so this is an instant hit for me. The two covers might not be the most captivating of Gisele's career but she really is the perfect person to help Vogue Brazil celebrate their 45th anniversary!

45 is kind of a silly anniversary number to celebrate imo. I feel like the appropriate years are 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75 (etc etc)! And if I recall I think some magazines were celebrating their anniversary every single year...can’t recall which ones, but it was quite silly and seemed desperate if you ask me lol!

She was great all the years when she did glam and had that dog that would sh*t everywhere during shoots.

:lol::lol::lol:

45 is kind of a silly anniversary number to celebrate imo. I feel like the appropriate years are 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75 (etc etc)!

Right! LOL. 45 is neither here nor there imo, some people hardly age between 40 and 45. Reminds me of a coverline I once read on American Vogue. 'Winona Ryder: Starting Over at 35'. Like 35 was soo late, how brave of her, she's over the hill and starting over. That literally meant nothing, even back then. With the exception of 25, the even numbers are far more landmark really.

:lol::lol::lol:

Right! LOL. 45 is neither here nor there imo, some people hardly age between 40 and 45. Reminds me of a coverline I once read on American Vogue. 'Winona Ryder: Starting Over at 35'. Like 35 was soo late, how brave of her, she's over the hill and starting over. That literally meant nothing, even back then. With the exception of 25, the even numbers are far more landmark really.

hahah omg preach!

Having people like you on this forum makes home isolation easier to deal with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->