Vogue China September 2005 : Premier Issue by Patrick Demarchelier

#umero

holy####ery
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned in the September 05 Covers thread that Gisele landed the Vogue China cover, photographed by Mario Sorrenti, but I found this...

Vogue magazine's Mainland China edition, which has been 'about to launch' for about two years, now seems set to actually publish its first issue in September this year, if industry gossip and media reports are to be believed. According to a fashion column by Mônica Bergamo in the Brazilian magazine "Folha de S. Paulo", Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen will soon be on her way to China for a photo shoot for the cover of Vogue China's launch issue.

From Danwei.com

...And September is looming close, so does anyone have any news on the cover, editorials, or anything?

And please forgive me if this thread was unnecessary, feel free to delete...

Finally,I dont hav to buy TAIWAN edition anymore...Im in China,waiting 4 the first issue!!!

VOGUE in Chinese is 时尚,but this chinese name-时尚 had already taken by COSMOPOLITAN(china edition) for 8 years!What will VOGUE'S chinese name be?:innocent:

I hope it will be called Vogue.
Coz in many other countries, Vogue is not translated.
ie Vogue Nippon, Vogue Greece, Vogue RU, Vogue IT, Vogue FR.
I hope the name is the same! :flower:
Can't wait to see the cover but!

wow! this is awesome!
i'm going to china for a few weeks on wed. maybe it'll be out by the time i come back!!

tortoisie said:
I hope it will be called Vogue.
Coz in many other countries, Vogue is not translated.
ie Vogue Nippon, Vogue Greece, Vogue RU, Vogue IT, Vogue FR.
I hope the name is the same! :flower:
Can't wait to see the cover but!
I know,but every international mag in china has a chinese name.and the chinese name have to put on the left side of the cover.I dont know why...I'd like to show u chinese cosmo here:
getimage_big.asp

see that two big chinese characters on the left side of "COSMOPOLITAN"?This two words-时尚 in english means"vogue",so vogue china cant take this name because it was already used by cosmo!

EDISON27 said:
VOGUE in Chinese is 时尚,but this chinese name-时尚 had already taken by COSMOPOLITAN(china edition) for 8 years!What will VOGUE'S chinese name be?:innocent:
风尚 :flower: that name gives it a little more meaning on the "life style" side of the contents.
Are those available in the States? Iwish I could buy them in Borders!!:heart:

57273.jpg
There you go ! Although it is Miss Ward and no Gisele :huh:

edit:
(image from: http://chic.ig.com.br)
please, everyone credit your images

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, even though I can't see the details and there really isn't so much of a backdrop, I like what they did - using traditional Chinese models and then placing Gemma in the middle in different clothing, as if to signify a new wave, not necessarily replacing, but influencing... Did that make sense? :blush:

fd49f836c0c3323e543b7b5b857905e7_103215.jpg

I bought the first issue tonight,the chinese name of it means"Fashion and Beauty",it was really sucks:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Sooooooooooo unVogue!!!!Im sure most chinese people wont like it,i hope they can change the name soon.

BTW,there is a golden purse with it as a free gift,i gave it to my mom:lol:

Are all the models on the front cover Chinese? Besides Gemma, obviously :lol:. Because some of them look Southeast Asian...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->