Vogue Declares...no More Pointy Toes!

dior_addict

Reaction score
I don't know if we have a thread on this yet, but a dear friend of my called me last night to give me the disapointing news that pointy toes are dead this season. Is this true? If so, what is it going to be now? round? :blink:

Also...I'm looking for boots (with whatever 'toe' will be in) Any suggestions?

i don't think it can wipe out their exsistence. what does vogue now nowadays anyways. nothing. well that is if you're american vogue.

I doubt they have enough influence to do that. Pointy-toes are classic and will always be in. I just bought a pair of pointy-toed boots, and American Vogue can just turn their heads. :P :smile:

thank god for that - it took long enough!
I much prefer round-toed shoes.

round toes have been in for awhile now and if vogue is just declaring them 'in' now it's not worth reading. I say go with each invididual shoe and your own tastes. personally i love round toes but I also like pointy toes as long as the toe isn't long.

I'm so glad that this isn't the 1950's anymore and that no magazine or institution has the power to dictate mass trends. Be it hairstyle, shoe shape, or hem length, I think more and more people are finding out what is right for them personally. Don't listen to Vogue. Pointy-toed shoes may not be as favored by the fashion elite this season, but if history has anything to teach us, the pendulum will probably swing back in another six months. Don't follow shallow in/out lists and do you own thing.

Rejoice?

AFAIK, they've been "out" for a couple of years amongst the trendsetters, the new, rounder, more natural look is only just now starting to catch on "on the ground."

No one can take my pointy shoes from me. They make my legs look miles long, whereas round toes seem to cut me off and make me look dumpier.

Originally posted by brie@Dec 2 2004, 12:54 AM
No one can take my pointy shoes from me. They make my legs look miles long, whereas round toes seem to cut me off and make me look dumpier.
[snapback]447085[/snapback]​

Same here. My height calls for pointy-toed shoes!

Fashion is always a personal choice. If Vogue says everything that you like is "out" don't buy it anymore. Buy Elle.

There are enough magazines that everyone can read something that is tailored to their own personal style. Its the joy of living in this modern world where there is something for everyone.

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Dec 2 2004, 10:13 AM
Fashion is always a personal choice. If Vogue says everything that you like is "out" don't buy it anymore. Buy Elle.

There are enough magazines that everyone can read something that is tailored to their own personal style. Its the joy of living in this modern world where there is something for everyone.
[snapback]447194[/snapback]​

good statement, oceanharlot! very true!

yeah everyone's just going to up and throw out all of their pointy manolos and choos because vogue said so....that and everyone dresses like eccentric english baronesses. oh wait.

I like my round toe pumps, but...

Pointy Toes Rule!

smpointy.jpg

Originally posted by As You Like It@Dec 2 2004, 12:53 AM
Rejoice?

AFAIK, they've been "out" for a couple of years amongst the trendsetters, the new, rounder, more natural look is only just now starting to catch on "on the ground."
[snapback]447084[/snapback]​
Very true, if you even check one of the topics here on the newest shoes, you'll see that they're all essentially rounded toes. :flower:
Not to mention that I've never liked pointed toes anyhow- too aggressive for me.

Perhaps they mean the extreme points are out?

There are only so many types of toes on shoes.. pointy, round, square....

most square toes are :sick: ... pointy and round will be around for a while.

rubbish...like everyone else said, just because vogue says it doesn't mean it is so. wear what you like, don't wear what you don't like. :P not a fan of pointed heels myself, but I personally love my pointed flats. they suit my style whether they are stylish or not. edgy and rockabilly but still cute.

i've never liked pointy toes, and i never will.

It's true that round toes have been in for a while and are HUGE this season, but that doesn't mean pointy toes are out.
there are some classic pointy toes that are beautifully timeless :heart:
not those extremely pointy & long ones though :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueskin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->