Vogue Germany September 2009 : Anja Rubik by Alexi Lubomirski

I want this VOGUE :D Is it already out ??? Haha I need to buy it right now in this seconds :lol:

I do like the cover, but it much too reminiscent of a shot from Anja's editorial in the June/July VP, right down to the styling and props. I don't know if this was inspired by that or mere coincidence, but it doesn't look too good for Vogue Germany to take the same direction of another publication, especially only three months later.

I am happy to see Anja on the cover though. It's nice to see all of the veterans getting all of this work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Busy background plus overload text = not good.
Glad she got the cover.

Agree everyone who think that it looks like her VP look. But I like this, and I think this will be first Vogue Germany I get (if contents will be also good).

i'm happy for anja, but i don't like the cover at all
and i'd love to see the hair shorter [i so hope she will not have them long again!]

I hate the pink text in the cover. Also there is a fine line between classy and tacky, so I dont know what to think of this cover.

I don't like the cover, too much going on in there with all the text and stuff in the background. thanks for the scan though, looking forward to the review

Review

So here's my review of the editorials...

Dress to thrill
Model: Anja Rubik and male model
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
16 pages

Koerperkunst
Model: Toni Garrn
Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer
16 pages

Dolce Diva
Models: Luca Gadjus and two others (dont recognize them)
Photographer: Norbert Schoerner
16 pages

Chic&Magic
Model: Katrin Thormann
Photographer: Solve Sundsbo
6 pages

Uebersinnlich
Model: dont know her name
Photographer: Olaf Wipperfuerth
12 pages

thanks for the review.

I don't like the cover, Anja looks good, but it's too busy.

not bad line-up: both models and photographers. but september must be good issue, cause it`s an official opening of the season

The review sounds fantastic! hopefully it will be a good issue.

anja is so sexy. she got so many covers this year thus far. she is still owed an italian vogue cover

can't wait for the Anja and Toni editorials! :woot: hopefully it will be great.

it's funny how directional the 'go shopping!' mantra sounds.
feels like people at Conde Nast are way too serious about making people spend their money again. i just looked at Vogue China cover promoting, well, Vogue's Fashion's Night Out and to be honest, it doesn't feel very innocent. what's next? printing the list of 'where to go, what to buy'? like seriously, maybe it's your business to run inspiring magazines rather than running uninspiring mottos?
as for Anja i am extremely happy she got the cover, even though am not sure German Vogue used 100% of her potential this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->