Vogue Italia 'Digital Edition' August 2024 : Sofia Raffaeli & Milena Baldassarri by Bea De Giacomo

I think compared to what I’ve seen so far with the Olympics being the central topic, this is the better cover

@MyNameIs I come to these threads to escape reality just for a bit and instead i see my neighbors.

@alwaysademo But the thing is, these athletes are (probably) not our neighbours with their high level of athleticism... yet they're never styled properly at all in these magazines. Why even feature them if they can't make them look great? I mean, Vogue Italia is supremely lazy with this cover, it's like a photo a gymnastics fan took during the qualifications.

I don't mind athletes on the cover of magazines at all, usually they have more accomplishments than someone like, oh.. Suki Waterhouse.. but you can tell how little the industry thinks of these athletes by having them look like that (see ANY of the terrible August "digital" covers). It's pretty insulting, really.

@blueorchid i don't either but shouldn't it be better executed? the hyperrealism is suffocating. it can only be a win-win if both sides end up looking better together. Annie used to do athletes justice many times before, maybe she knows how to communicate with them better.

well I agreed with the first point you made but I still don't like the multiple sport things I'm seeing this month. Jean Paul Goude did an exceptional Olympics themed editorial for Elle Fr in 2004 though... which means it's been done well before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leopards00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->