Vogue Italia June 2013 : Gisele Bundchen by Steven Meisel

Am I the only one who immediately saw a resemblance to Linda Evangelista's July 2005 VI cover and spread? You know, the plastic surgery themed spread and the cover with Linda in a hotel corridor accompanied by a maid of color.

Gisele's cover and spread is pretty fabulous, too, though. And just different enough from Linda's to still feel fresh.

But the whole point of the cover story is exactly Gisele portraying a vapid, cosmetic treatment obsessed rich woman. It's Meisel making a satire of that whole world and type of women, kinda like he did in 2005 with Linda and that plastic surgery story. The over the topness is what gives the cue.
Touche. I guess that makes sense. I am familiar with the plastic surgery editorial and some of Meisel's other work. I didn't even look at who photographed it. :ninja:

Not liking the usual VI content posted so far except from the first cover and the main editorial. The more I look at the cover, the more it grows on me, what I don't like though is how the 'O' and 'G' of the Vogue font seem to be transparent on Gisele's face. Part of me hopes it won't look like that in print but chances are it will. I like the editorial for more visual purposes and it's meaning, Gisele looks great except from in the studio shots in my opinion as they look a little draggish and the posing is dodgy other than that the editorial is oozing with radiance. Sort of left wanting more.

Love the cover and cover story..gisele is glorious..

WERQ, HUNTY.
Gisele is serving "rich bi*** using her settlement money at the spa" realness.

how is it offensive? ive never gotten a mani pedi by someone who wasnt asian... this is suppose to be somewhat realistic right? The video is everything

o-vogue-us_1973_10_helmut-newton-2.jpg

frozenfashion.com

Bored to dead!
great body but her face is so manly

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to see Gisele even if the cover is a little boring its still gorgeous, but I love the edit, it reminds me of her early work from '99/00

Absolutely love the cover & editorial ... some predictable high glamour that is so pleasing to the eye!

Gisele is starting to look old now, model in their 40's look a lot younger than her.

Got mine last week and I was thrilled to see the foot spa cover available and not the close-up one. Does anyone have the close-up cover? Does it look much better in real? I think the first cover looks much more realistic in person, because I did think it looked rather amateur in the first post of the thread.

super video , wish this one was the Vogue ıtalia I bought when I was in Milan in late may.

Source: hfgl.proboards.com

Vogue Italia #754
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Set Design: Mary Howard
Production: PRODn at Art + Commerce
Model: Gisele Bündchen
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido
Color: Victoria Hunter
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi

Luxury