Vogue Italia May 2020 by Karim Sadli, Alasdair McLellan, Ryan McGinley & Harley Weir

Waitt. So Vogue Italia and L’uomo will have the same content this month?

I’m going to pretend that the l’Uomo cover doesn’t exist and view the VI one for what it is without the “groundbreaking” gender-bending gimmick: a great shot of Kaia and a pleasant reminder of what Vogue Italia used to be in its glory days.

I will envy the people in Europe that will buy this and both Vogue París covers this month.

Wow! Simply stunning! I don't care about the text placement but this reflects what Vogue Italia used to be.

The VI covers are great, the L'Uomo one is unnecesary & i think the "gender" theme is worn out right now on the whole fashion mags. Cannot to see the editorial.

Waitt. So Vogue Italia and L’uomo will have the same content this month?
The correct title of this thread should be "Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue May 2020 : The Gender/Together Issues" because both are sharing contents. L'Uomo always lunch multicovers so I expect that both magazines will do the same. According to the L'Uomo cover, Ryan McGinley, Alasdair McLellan, Karim Sadli and Harley Weir have editorials.

Not very convenced by her with short hair but these are still much better than many of the covers we have seen in the past 2 months.

L'Uomo always lunch multicovers so I expect that both magazines will do the same.

I hope not! So tired of multi covers, two for VI is already too much.

That's one of the first times where I can see Kaia as a legit cover model !!! THESE are gorgeousss

KAIA (Preview, HQ)
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Max Pearmain
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-Up: Christelle Cocquet
Model: Kaia Gerber

vogue.it

I hope not! So tired of multi covers, two for VI is already too much.
There will be three more covers @Benn98! I've read that in one of their post in IG. I don't know, maybe it's a good idea after 3 months of non real models covers. Only february has two real girls, the rest was WTF.

Its a no for me. Something like this would work better for teen vogue. Feels very uninspired. The styling is horrible. Kaia looks bored. She is a really bad model.

Leo’s portrait is gorgeous, Freja’s cover is something I can live without

Wow, Alasdair should be tied to a pole and whipped for shooting such an awful cover of Freja! Who would it appeal to? Hair looks terrible, face looks retouched to hell and back, and what's with the odd string dangling from her hair?? Abysmal!

The guy's cover is ok, but not much better really.

Digital Cover #2 with Freja Beha Erichsen by Alasdair McLellan:

Wow, Alasdair should be tied to a pole and whipped for shooting such an awful cover of Freja! Who would it appeal to? Hair looks terrible, face looks retouched to hell and back, and what's with the odd string dangling from her hair?? Abysmal!

The guy's cover is ok, but not much better really.
I totally agree. It’s a bad shot.
But in Alasdair’s defence the odd string is not part of the actual photo. It’s part of the layout.

I do like his second cover though.

And I don’t mind the concept of the dual Vogue and L’uomo Vogue covers. But the casting could be more exciting with this theme. Why two cis gendered women? How about a man in women’s clothing for the Vogue cover? Or a trans model, or non-binary model for both covers.

There are so many more exciting options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->