Vogue Italia November 2015 : Gigi Hadid by Steven Meisel

I actually really like that edit although I would've loved to see a little bit more variation in her expressions. But yeah, I'll prefer this anytime of the day than M&M's.

News on other edits?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, it's not bad. She does looks great in some shots, but it's just not enough. I feel like this ed was build for a model than can really take it next level, who actually has "The Power of Personality" like Raquel, Sasha or Karlie. She's just pretty, there's no star power whatsoever.

Review:

-Madison Beer by Michel Comte

-Beauty edit with a brunette model by Richard Burbridge

-Kate Winslet by Peter Lindbergh

-Lauren Avery by Michel Comte

-Sam Rollinson by Tom Munro

-Emma Watson by Vincent Peters

the digital issue is out so I guess someone will post the eds soon :smile:
so many celebs...

I love Gigi's editorial! It's playful and fun, I especially love the first shot with the purple wig...it makes me smile.

"Shaped and chic"
photographer: Tom Munro
fashion editor: Cathy Kasterine
hair: James Brown
make-up: Mary Greenwell
model: Sam Rollinson
Vogue Italia

"Vogue Beauty"
photographer: Richard Burbridge
fashion editor: Robbie Spencer
hair: Yannick D'Is
make-up: Francelle
Vogue Italia

WHERE'S THE PERSONALITY?? sorry but clown afros just don't cut it for me in terms of making a story more interesting. Kate Upton gave more "personality" in her one off cover a couple of years ago. I suspect Gigi's cover will be a one time only thing as well.

Lol so much for a personality issue. There's not a single standout editorial. Some look okay, but that's about it.

Maybe there's a lack of money at VI, but that's never stopped Meisel from producing great studio editorials using minimal resources. The make-up on Gigi looks great, but the styling and story are really lacking.

If it had been a series of facial shots of her, in radically different styles of make-up and hairpieces, that might have made more impact, but to exchange one clown wig for another isn't making much of an effort.

I think Gigi with Meisel could produce something stunning, if they worked together for a while, but this wouldn't be something I'd buy.

There are better cover options for sure.

^IA. The closeup pic with the brown wig would have been better imo.

Hate the covers but I honestly like Gigi's editorial. I wish she wouldn't rely so much on the funky styling ( which could've been a lot stronger btw) , her eyes are a bit dead too but she does look gorgeous there's no denying that. They had so many better cover shots can't believe they choose those.

It's a classic Meisel story, long are gone the days of his phenomenal studio shoots but this is good enough for me after last month awful issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->