Vogue Italia October 2009 : Rianne ten Haken & Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

While the internet may have facilitated a lot of things, the worth of the content that can be accessed is up to individual interpretation.

I noticed in Vanity Fair today, one page had printed some Twitter responses from people - nothing against Twitter, but that's not what I want to read in a magazine.

That is a tragedy. Just because fashion is more democratic than it has ever been, it doesn't mean I would like to read everyone on cyber-space's opinion in a magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no image of this in my mind.
what it looks like ?

abt Simon. I love him. But definitely do not fit that sort of editorial. he looks so trash there !

could ppl who love this explain ? coz it seems i'm missing the clue there and would love to - at least - understand. coz it seems there's something. and i'm really not noticing it.

actually i think he makes perfect sense in the edit. that's this type of guy that is a bit cliched, but someone who's always there where the lights are bright and the girls are willing...
he's part Marlon Brando, part gay p*rn star, part bimbo, part hustler, a bit sleazy, a bit innocent. he's the type of guy you'd notice in the crowd and seeing his blush and full lips you'd think, you'd think 'oh there's an angel on the dancefloor' and you'd feel like taking him home and taking care of him for the rest of your sinister life. but then you realize he's the devil, sweat dripping all over his athletic torso, leather pants being supertight and making you check out is best body parts... he'd be yours or whoever he'd want to be this night, boys or girls doesn't matter. he'd be a prize, a desert, a promise. something everyone would like to get but most of them would never be able to taste.

I totally get the humor of this. The ironic poses and settings is definately targeted to bloggers and 2cent modern day fashion icons.
All of this is just a phaze and in a few months, there will be something else people will fawn over.

actually i think he makes perfect sense in the edit. that's this type of guy that is a bit cliched, but someone who's always there where the lights are bright and the girls are willing...
he's part Marlon Brando, part gay p*rn star, part bimbo, part hustler, a bit sleazy, a bit innocent. he's the type of guy you'd notice in the crowd and seeing his blush and full lips you'd think, you'd think 'oh there's an angel on the dancefloor' and you'd feel like taking him home and taking care of him for the rest of your sinister life. but then you realize he's the devil, sweat dripping all over his athletic torso, leather pants being supertight and making you check out is best body parts... he'd be yours or whoever he'd want to be this night, boys or girls doesn't matter. he'd be a prize, a desert, a promise. something everyone would like to get but most of them would never be able to taste.
yes, that's the guy.

The idea of cover looks really very interesting. Everything so much toning!

Monika Jagaciak and Kasia Struss ( in meisel story :(woot:

^^ Looks like there is Irina Kulikova on the 7th picture and maybe Kendra Spears on the 10th as well?!!

There is no review at the moment, so it's not out in Italy???

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, god, he is so hot....funny title for this editorial. Can't see anything shy about it :smile:

I screencapped this miracle of ultimate hotness - Gia, Madonna and Freddie Mercury all merged into one.

Simon, you say?

style.it

Attachments

• hotness_italia.jpg
    hotness_italia.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 59
^:heart:

I love the ed. Love the energy, love the colours and love the styling.

^^^I see all of those in him,wow!

Iluvjesia, you nailed it! He is a SPECTACULAR creation! And that photograph of him only amps up his sexiness. A modern day Marlon Brando, as j'adorekapusta so gorgeously said earlier in this thread, hyper-eroticized the Robert Mapplethorpe way.

To Shy Shy...
Hush Hush

We're totally entrenched in the 80's now!

ilj I love that... Baby Boy Gia :clap:

Screen caps part 1...

vogue.it

Attachments

• vogueit_fin1.jpg
    vogueit_fin1.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 66
  • vogueit_fin2.jpg
    vogueit_fin2.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 103
Screen caps part 2....

vogue.it