Vogue Japan February 2012 : Saskia de Brauw by Solve Sundsbo

Loving Magdalena's ed, so beautiful and colorful.

School Daze
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Fashion Editor: Viviana Volpicella
Model: Tao Okamoto

storemags.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Candy Kisses
Photographer: Liz Collins
Fashion Editor: Jonathan Kaye
Model: Hailey Clauson

storemags.com

Keeping the Faith
Photographer: Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele
Fashion Editor: Sissy Vian
Models: Lindsay Ellingson, Sean O' Pry & ???

storemags.com

^Vika Falileeva and that's not Sean that's Simon Nessman
Lindsay manages to lose herself in that editorial and comes off extremely amateur while Vika gives it her everything

Passionate for Pastel
Photographer: Sharif Hamza
Fashion Editor: Giovanna Battaglia
Model: Magdalena Frackowiak

storemags.com

thought i would get the eds without the tags since i had to spend my zinio gift voucher by midnight tonight lol :-)

school daze
model: tao okamoto
photographer: giampaolo sgura
stylist: viviana volpicella
hair: davide diodovich
make-up: yuka washizu

candy kisses
model: hailey clauson
photographer: liz collins
stylist: jonathan kaye
hair: tina outen
make-up: sam bryant

zinio

keeping the faith
models: lindsay ellingson, vika falileeva and simon nessman
photographer: carlyne cerf de dudzeele
stylist: sissy vian
hair: oribe
make-up: lena koro

zinio

passion for pastel
model: magdalena frackowiak
photographer: sharif hamza
stylist: giovanna battaglia
hair: neil moodie
make-up: yadim

zinio

promotions:

a women's time
photographer: giampaolo sgura
stylist: aurora sansone
hair: davide diodovich
make-up: yuki

outside of fashion
photographer: kei ogata
stylist: satoshi hirota
hair: kanada
make-up: yuka washizu

zinio

Thank you for posting the editorials without tags, visualoptimism. I just love Magdalena's ed, it's so beautiful and soft.

Wonderful issue, Magdas is my favorite:heart: but I also love Keeping the Faith completely over the top and fun:woot:, the wigs are awesome Lindseys rocking that purple studded dress, it looks like the wardrobe came straight from Anna DellRussos closet:P

Thank you so much visualoptimism and Melancholybaby for posting those Eds. :flower: I am not amazed by most of the contents, the beauty ed with Hailey is the one that caught my eyes. And I do like Slimane's ed this time, in which Karlie looks mature and natural.

^ totally.

What a horrible, horrible issue. Kei and Giampaolo's stories seem to have been accepted in an effort to balance something out, probably just the name of the magazine, but the result is so incoherent and disastrous, they're really not doing any help when stories like Keeping the faith and Passion for pastels pretty much speak for the direction of the entire magazine.. Keeping the faith in particular, is quite honestly, the worst editorial I have seen in years, you want to be careful when trying to be humorous about dated aesthetics such as the 80s Versace one.. the result really just suggests longing (not surprising considering the people involved) and a genuine interest to bring back such a vulgar and ridiculous conception of beauty.

I wonder if Vogue Nippon/Japan really wants ADR or if it's just a Condé Nast strategy, to employ her in one of their editions and continue to pave her way up, cause what she does and is about is just so discordant with anything they were going for only 3 years ago, and with the Japanese approach to fashion in general. If they didn't ask for it, how awful to get a parasite like that thrown into your publication, talk about a fashion nightmare.

Thanks for all the posts, visualoptimism!.

^ totally.

I wonder if Vogue Nippon/Japan really wants ADR or if it's just a Condé Nast strategy, to employ her in one of their editions and continue to pave her way up, cause what she does and is about is just so discordant with anything they were going for only 3 years ago, and with the Japanese approach to fashion in general. If they didn't ask for it, how awful to get a parasite like that thrown into your publication, talk about a fashion nightmare.
Sometimes I'm wondering what direction ADR is taking Vogue Japan too. Actually I'm not quite familiar with the pre-ADR era of Vogue Nippon either. But truly I can see a strong personal style effect on Vogue Japan lately, especially since Anna starts to style editorials and covers.

Another interesting issue is how ADR's aesthetic changes so dramatically. I still remember her styling in Vogue Italia in 90s and early 2000s, it's very different from the extravagant ad over-the-top style she has nowadays.

I always hate to disagree, but analyzing only "Keeping in Faith" and not the whole issue which we all seem to agree is horrible and non cohesive. I don't know, there's something i like about the concept (if there is one) in that editorial, maybe it's the stupid/dyed hair that's matching with the clothes or the models who are really working it well, great cast for it btw. Specifically what bothers me about that the ED is the styling a bit, i feel like some are ADR's usual dresses (that she wears) but with a tons of cheap accessories and the other looks i just don't understand it except the mix of the jungle t.shirt with the adidas pant on Simon Nessman which i like a lot. For instance i feel like i've seen the dress in the 6th shot in post #65 a ton of times wore by ADR. Anyway i don't know much of the japanese conception of fashion and about their use of accessories, so i can't judge... But the whole editorial doesn't seem so horrible to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->