i-D Winter 2011 : Anja Rubik, Hailey Clauson, Jourdan Dunn & Saskia De Brauw

i-D likes Joan with curly hair. Thats what they did with her last cover. I just don't understand whats up with the hoodie?!?!

I received my issue today, I need to go through it. I got the one with Hailey on the front, can't say I'm impressed, it looks more appropriate for the summer season than winter and the way she is winking looks forced. Hailey looks cute and fresh though.

i still think Jourdan's and Saskia's covers are the best!
Joan's is not that bad, they just went for a retro 80's styling and Benjamin's is not that great, his expression is too femenine and soft..

Preview
Are you ready? Warm-up!
Photography: Matt Jones
Styling: Sabina Schreder
Hailey Clauson wears jumpsuit stylist’s own.

Step 1: Grab a friend…
…the right workout partner will boost your motivation.
Photography: Alasdair McLellan
Styling: Elgar Johnson
Rob Evans wears trousers Lanvin. Jourdan Dunn wears dress Roberto Cavalli. Earrings Pebble London.

Step 2: Keep it loose and breath deeply
Photography: Daniel Jackson
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Saskia de Brauw wears blouse and jumpsuit Chloe. Bra Kiki De Montparnasse. Necklace Chanel.

Step 3: Let’s get physical!
In The Winter Warm Up Issue we get hot under the collar digging through Prada’s sensational SS12 menswear collection and Tim Blanks is introduced to the wacky world of golf by the inimitable Mrs Prada.
“To put opposites together is a real obsession for me. When something is matching, I’m desperate.” Miuccia Prada
Photography: Willy Vanderperre
Styling: Olivier Rizzo
Benjamin wears all clothes Prada.

Step 4: Increase the speed to increase the intensity
Photography: Benjamin Alexander Huseby
Styling: Jane How
Joan Smalls wears jacket Rab. Jumper Jil Sander.

i-donline

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. I want this issue simply for Ben so badly.

On the other hand, what the hell did they do to Joan? She looks homeless.

Anja's editorial reminds me of an editorial from V Magazine with Jessica Miller by Inez & Vinoodh. Imagine my surprise when I read Jessica was in this issue.

Love Jourdan, Anja & Benjamin's covers.

Oh, man. I want this issue simply for Ben so badly.

On the other hand, what the hell did they do to Joan? She looks homeless.

OMG after looking at the preview of her ed, you are so right!! They managed to make a supermodel like Joan look like Jayden Smith in Pursuit of Happiness!! :ninja:

You guys, lets all just pretend like this i-D cover & ed doesn't belong to Joan, okay? :lol: forget this ever happened.....

^ :rofl: let's wait to see the whole ed, i'm hoping for something Flashdance inspired being this the "warm up" issue..

Preview

Early to bed, early to rise, keeps you healthy, happy and wise

Marique Schimmel was discovered a little over a year ago whilst strolling around Amsterdam. With her superb bone structure and clear blue eyes, the 21-year-old was scouted three times over a period of five years, first rejecting the idea of modelling in favour of her studies. She finally came to and signed with Women Management in Paris in 2010, before later moving to Supreme. Literally striding into her new life, autumn/winter 11 saw the Dutch model walk a whopping 55 shows… not bad for a first full season! Marique cites her most memorable show as Prada. Always turning up completely barefaced at castings, Miss Schimmel rates “lots of sleep” as her tiptop beauty tip. Now a very well travelled young lady, her favourite city is New York. “It’s not a beautiful city,” Marique admits, “but the people are nice and there’s always something to do.” Describing herself as a “calm, shy, lovable and honest person who’s always up for new weird stuff,” Marique believes that “if you want to change the world, you need to start with yourself!”
Text: Francesca Dunn
Photography: Nick Dorey
Styling: Caroline Newell
Hair: Halley Brisker
Makeup: Lucy Burt

i-donline

Everyone Would Be Healthy If Green Vegetables Smelled As Good As Bacon
Caterina Ravaglia by Nick Dorey
Styled by Caroline Newell

dnamodels

Are We Feeling Good Yet?
Hind Sahli by Cedric Buchet
Styled by Camille Bidault Waddington

dnamodels

OMG after looking at the preview of her ed, you are so right!! They managed to make a supermodel like Joan look like Jayden Smith in Pursuit of Happiness!! :ninja:

You guys, lets all just pretend like this i-D cover & ed doesn't belong to Joan, okay? :lol: forget this ever happened.....

:lol:yes, love the Jayden comparison! trying my best to ignore how horrible she looks because I truly love Joan.

hoping that the editorial is a bit better? ah, fingers crossed.

OK I need to buy this ASAP :woot::woot: Benjamin's cover is laready one of my favourite of the year. The eds looks great as well, I even like Joan's. I always find transformations interesting.

Breathe out and relax…
Photographer: Paola Kudacki
Models: Karmen Pedaru and Yuri Pleskun

NylPY.jpg

paolasblog via catalytic

I like Jourdan's cover most. Partly because I'm not a fan of the rest of the cover cast. Good to see Caterina, love the first shot of her editorial.

I love Jourdan's cover! Hailey's is really nice too, and Joan is so pretty with curly hair that I don't even mind the hood. I don't really like Benjamin's though, but none of the covers is bad - which is a miracle with this i-D multicover mania.

Fight through...
Monika Sawicka by Boo George
Styled by Caroline Newell

marilynnewyork.blogspot.com

Pretty good content! I love the main stories, except Joan's. Still need to check the rest, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->