Vogue Japan September 2011 : Karolina Kurkova by Inez & Vinoodh

could've been a good cover except for the weird arm photoshopping, and that mouth is just distracting.

too much text!!!i love KK ,but i do not love this cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Armani dress is beautiful BUT it steals the whole cover away from Karolina. Good thing Karolina`s pose and expression was suffice to level up with the dress.

I just hate how small their taglines are becoming

Terrible cover... again... this year i don't like VN's covers at all!!

bad bad badddddd OMG and people had the nerve to call Heidi Mount's back Vogue Nippon: "ugly" when it was so edgy and cool and high fashion but THIS??? OMG The worst face for a covershot, the worst hair and make-up, the pose is so gemicky and commercial and what else? Oh right lol: the dress, which is sort of the main point of having a model wearing it on the cover in order to sell it later, is so.. What? Right: Hiddeous! And the coverlines in various colors make it seems so freakin' cheap and child-like OH MY GOSH!...

uh, no. just no. god forbid vogue japan could have a good cover. it's like they are fundamentally opposed to it.

I like it, a nitpick, I don't like the text covering the model's hand with the hand bag, which is even stranger because this is an accessories issue. Also it seems a bit underwhelming for a September issue with two caveats, it is better than the September 2010 cover, and I am not sure if the September issue means the same thing in the Japanese magazine industry.

Again I like it, and I particularly like the energy that KK is giving off.

I for one dont like it. It could've worked if the pose and facial expresson were both different. I love what she's wearing and how she looks but not how she is posing.

really can't wait to see the editorial!! i personally love the cover -- i love the manic energy of all of it. the shirt is quite dramatic and KK has this sort of "fashion-robot-pose" happening. it is all a bit strange, from the dress to the hair, to the pose. but it works, for me!

and i love the colour of it all. the red text and the blonde hair and the dark dress.

Love the cover!
Not sure about the Armani shirt/dress but it sure looks iconic on the cover.

Great to see Karolina on the cover of a september issue. I like everything but her expression :doh:

Im sorry but she looks like a blowup doll. Not a worthy image for The September issue of any edition of Vogue.

Frightfully, I do not admire anything about the cover. Karolina's expression comes across as forced and too distracting. I was anticipating the outcome of the shoot, after seeing Inez's post on Tumblr. No doubt the issue will serve terrific editorial content, at least I hope so.

WOW this is stunning. Usually I don't like ridiculous facial expressions but here it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sennin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->