Vogue Japan September 2019 by Luigi & Iango

Kris has a face that is not from this world hasn't she. Absolutely stunning.

From the main cover, I think Adut and Fran look the strongest. Rebecca looks the weakest.

Kris’s cover is definitely the strongest.
The group cover is quite bad. Most of them look bored. The pose of the girl on the left end is just so amateurish. Adut is a definite winner there.
I don’t dislike the other solo covers but Kris’s is just better by a mile.

Why didn't Ugbad made the actual cover? Would gladly have taken her over Rebecca or Anok. And Abby Champion should be in here as well. God knows she's easily the model booking the most editorial work right now.

Too many covers and too much dead weight for this to really impress me. Ugbad's cover would have been mesmerising but there's too much hood pushing her face almost out of the frame. She certainly should have made the main cover! Kris wins here for me - purely because her beauty is just so startling and eye-catching.

I'm getting really tired of multiple covers. It's fun every now and then, but it's such a common occurrence now that it screams indecision and suggests a lack of a clear vision. And a group cover where everyone is not serving equally is pointless.

We all know how Vogue Japan works by now, don't we? Those obviously aren't official covers. The only cover is the group shot. The rest is either digital covers or part of the editorial.

Nice to see Primrose and Signe as well!

After realising this is their 20th anniversary issue, I hate the newsstand cover even more. It's horrible even though some of the models are beyond stunning.
As for all those unnecessary ''fake'' covers, it only makes the situation worse cause each of those covers would've made a better newsstand cover, especially Fran, Adut, Kris and Anok's but my personal favorite is the one with Kris, Fran and another girl close up.

50 million covers by these CGI artists (not photographers) again, and not a memorable one among them. Not to mention the choice of head wear is way too editorial for what should/tries to ultimately be a newsstand glossy portrait.

My god Rebecca and Anok just do not try in print. They're like robots here especially Rebecca. Fran, Kris, and Adut deliver though.

Too many irrelevant covers to even care. Bye. Call me when Rebecca gets dropped.

This many covers annoys me. There are just way too many, and none of them are that great, tbh.

50 million covers by these CGI artists (not photographers) again, and not a memorable one among them. Not to mention the choice of head wear is way too editorial for what should/tries to ultimately be a newsstand glossy portrait.

Because of the core, AdR was imo never the strongest stylist. For her work, especially the recent work, to have any sort of impact or relevance relies heavily on stunt model and photographer casting.

But even when you remove her from the equation, VJ's EIC doesn't have the strongest visual chops. You can instantly pick up on that once you have the actual magazine in front of you. Editors spend so much time laying out the images in a specific sequence - it's as important as deciding which shots will actually make the final cut. But even a short edit in the magazine never hits the mark for me. I know it's ultimately a matter of personal taste. And that the Japanese, one of the few cultures in the world, reads from right to left, but even when I see the posted edits on here (which is always in the Western left-to-right format), it still looks jumbled. Definitely something she could focus on more.

I will always be down for a Vogue Japan x Luigi & Iango moment and think this works perfectly - everything from the selection of Saint Laurent dresses, to the casting and the placement of the girls. L&I always do multi-girl covers with an effortless ease.

There’s some utterly stunning images to come from the cover feature, especially of Anok Yai, Fran Summers and Primrose Archer. Almost too good to be hidden away inside the issue and not on a cover somewhere. Perhaps this is why L&I tend to produce these ‘unofficial’ Vogue covers? Too hard to choose just one.

I hadn’t realised this was a 20th anniversary issue until Luigi Murenu started making a big fuss on Instagram. The multi-girl setup suddenly feels so fitting for the occasion - a celebration of the future.

The Collection Report

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Lloyd Simmonds
Manicure: Chloe Desmarchelier
Cast: Adut Akech, Anok Yai, Fran Summers, Hikari Mori, Kris Grikaite, Primrose Archer, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Remington Williams, Signe Veiteberg, Ugbad Abdi, Winny

BW96Ha9R_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Absinthe02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->