Vogue Japan September 2023 : Hailey Bieber by Richard Burbridge

I miss the old VJ. With the white background, they used to have a strong DNA- you put your eyes on it and at the same time you knew it was VJ. Now its so regular and normal just like any magazine. Even when they put the masterhead in front of model’s face… it used to be cool, edge. Why they R doing this I used to ask. Now its the same month after month but in a bad way

It looks like a social image promoting foundation.

This is weird. It’s too sharp, too retouched, and too colorful. It looks like an ANTM Covergirl ad. I miss the old whimsical covers by Craig Mcdean.

It reminds me of Guy Aroch editorials from second-rate fashion magazines.

I like it... if only because it looks like old VJ and not the covers of late.

I'll give it to them - it actually conforms to being a traditional cover shot. It's not some art school concept, flipped at an angle, cut off at the top, scrawled over with amateur fonts...

it’s a nice cover indeed and the colour scheme is very on point

I guess she’s promoting her skincare line :rolleyes:

I'll give it to them - it actually conforms to being a traditional cover shot. It's not some art school concept, flipped at an angle, cut off at the top, scrawled over with amateur fonts...

I'm with you 100%. The cover is far from stunning, and certainly doesn't excite me but it's the first Vogue Japan cover in months that feels... somewhat normal. I am very much a fan of the sight of Vaccarello's Saint Laurent, those autumnal colours and the warmth this cover radiates - especially for a September cover.

I like it. Sleek, glamorous, and beautiful. Not often you see that in fashion these days, which is a shame.

Pantene ad campaign.
It feels lower than that, like she's advertising a conair flat iron, or something in Sephora's website, and you'll never see her again.

Something about her two choices in looks (she's either in that 'dewy' YSL look, or the Diana image VP used on her once and she's built her entire personality and post-marriage career around) that are always so calculated and reeking of insecurity.. I just can't get onboard, this 'slick', shiny one in particular with the wet look, and the white socks with loafers that she's wearing a year too late, instead of giving clean, it just looks so.. greasy. Or maybe it's the companion (Justin) who always looks super hideous, I don't know, but I just get yucky/bad breath vibes from them haha

HAILEY BIEBER
Photography:
Richard Burbridge
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Model: Hailey Bieber

vogue.co.jp

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members