Vogue Mexico & Latin America March 2021 : Taylor Hill & Vivienne Rohner by Chris Colls

Basic 101 lol and they dare to call this ''creative''. What a mess...

Bought the issue yesterday and is generic af. A little boring. Main editorial is ok, there’s obviously the reprint of VS collab and 2 or 3 more editorials. The highlight of the issue is the beauty ed, I guess the model is Karen Vega and she looks gorgeous. She should’ve been the cover.

There’s nothing creative in the issue. But I figure is gonna be praised by 1 or 2 people here. If the digital edition isn’t available yet, I’ll post some previews in the afternoon.

Bought the issue yesterday and is generic af. A little boring. Main editorial is ok, there’s obviously the reprint of VS collab and 2 or 3 more editorials. The highlight of the issue is the beauty ed, I guess the model is Karen Vega and she looks gorgeous. She should’ve been the cover.

There’s nothing creative in the issue. But I figure is gonna be praised by 1 or 2 people here. If the digital edition isn’t available yet, I’ll post some previews in the afternoon.

Predictable i guess, i think Elle and L’Officiel Mexico are far better..

Vogue Mexico March 2021

Creatividad A La Mano

Photographer: Hans Neuman
Stylist: Fallon astela
Hair: Yann Turchi
Makeup: Marie Duhart
Cast: Irene Guarenas

Vogue Mexico Digital Edition

Vogue Mexico March 2021

Belleza Piel: A Flor De Piel

Photographer: Mauricio Sierra
Stylist: Claudia Valdez & Enrique Torres Meixueiros
Hair: Adrian Rios
Makeup: Manuel Ramos
Cast: Karen Vega

Vogue Mexico March 2021

Estilo Vogue Tendencias: Actitud Renovada

Photographer: Paul Scala
Stylist: Fabio Immediato
Hair: Daniel Martin
Makeup: Mel Arter
Cast: Elisa Mitrofan

@Benn98, do you know if the version for latin america has Taylor's ed? It's beautiful! Would have been a good story for february.

@Benn98, do you know if the version for latin america has Taylor's ed? It's beautiful! Would have been a good story for february.

Yes, Taylor's edit as well as all the others are included in the Latin American edition - slightly longer with the following pics added.

Vogue Latin America Digital Edition

Taylor’s edit is great. I do prefer the shorter version of the edit though. The extra pics don’t add anything. This proves that editing sometimes adds rather than subtracts.

Predictable i guess, i think Elle and L’Officiel Mexico are far better..
I don’t think Elle Mexico is better, their latest issues are extremely cheap and there eds are boring af. Vogue Mexico might be boring sometimes, but at least they keep selling the high fashion fantasy that Elle wish to have. Harper’s Bazaar Mx is another joke.

On the other hand, L’Officiel Mexico is a underrated jewel. Their content is extremely good (even if they fail sometimes) but makes me sad that no one cares about this edition here in the country. Also, they have a distribution problem (at least in my city) that makes the magazine difficult to find.

Taylor’s edit is great. I do prefer the shorter version of the edit though. The extra pics don’t add anything. This proves that editing sometimes adds rather than subtracts.

I just extracted the extra pics and posted them in no specific order - they were spliced throughout the edit and it made sense as a whole. For instance, the last double-page image of Taylor on the chair is the closing shot in the LA issue which I think is stunning.

Thank you @Benn98! I wish Taylor was on the cover of Vogue LatAm. I missed my 2016 may issue. I loved that cover, and always wanted to have another issue with her since. I was mad the time they put Lali (to be fair her cover was better) instead of her. Don't understand the hate on her. There something about commercial models that people dislike. Insta girls are worse. I don't see Taylor in that group. The same happened with Irina time ago. I still remember the "she belongs to Avon" comments against her.

Thank you @Benn98! I wish Taylor was on the cover of Vogue LatAm. I missed my 2016 may issue. I loved that cover, and always wanted to have another issue with her since. I was mad the time they put Lali (to be fair her cover was better) instead of her. Don't understand the hate on her. There something about commercial models that people dislike. Insta girls are worse. I don't see Taylor in that group. The same happened with Irina time ago. I still remember the "she belongs to Avon" comments against her.

b8e6469b0a7b6c5c22e04425250f88d4.gif

I'm sure she's a perfectly nice girl, just don't see 'it'....

Giphy

I'm sure she's a perfectly nice girl, just don't see 'it'....

Giphy
For sure she's not Linda at all. But compared to the Bieber girl and Kendall... Also I really liked her very first VM cover. I lost my first year and a half in a very stupid accident, it happened in just a moment. Since then my collection starts with VM August 2016 (Karla's first issue). I cry everytime I remember those beautiful covers with Blanca Padilla, Karmen Pedaru, Mariacarla Boscono, Edita and more. I still hate myself for that, for loosing my first year of mags. Taylor isn't my favorite by far, but I don't hate her either.Her cover was part of the ones I missed and it was a good one too. I'm not fake. If there's something I like and the rest not, I won't change my mind. I like this magazine a lot (the Latin American version), but there's a lot of people that not, and I don't care. Matter of taste. Again, at least I'm not fake. I don't say one thing here and the opposite there.

Last edited:
I'm not fake. If there's something I like and the rest not, I won't change my mind. I like this magazine a lot (the Latin American version), but there's a lot of people that not, and I don't care. Matter of taste. Again, at least I'm not fake. I don't say one thing here and the opposite there.

My advice that no one asked for:

Don't take it personal. You can like something (in this case, VM) and also be critical about the work the magazine does. You can take me as example, I love this magazine and I've been buying it since december 2012, but the title was the subject of most of my studies in collenge -even for my thesis- and I realized that no matter how much you like the title, there's something to crizice in their contents, always. Same with all the editions of Vogue (even the italian one). And you know what? Is ok. There is no problem with that, no one can make a perfect issue every moth, even Franca or Anna in their glory days. Is not about being fake or not, is about how our opinions as readers could help the editors to improve their magazines. If we keep constantly praising certain titles, is probably that they'll become pretentious as Vogue Italia did. And 100000% sure no one here wants that.

Sounds personal when someone says "But I figure is gonna be praised by 1 or 2 people here". It doesn't sound friendly at all. I'm one the 2 guys that like this magazine and you can read it in almost every thread since 2016. There were covers that I didn't like too (july and august 2017, march 2018, december 2019, january 2020, etc). But as I said, it's a matter of taste. I bought VLA two weeks ago (feb 2021) and I really enjoyed it. I don't buy three or four magazines as I used to because I don't have the money, the pandemic and economic crisis here killed me. This is the only one I can, but it makes me feel good. I didn't like the Selena Gomez cover, but the editorials inside were beautiful. If Vogue USA or Italia were the only magazines available here, I won't spent my money in those.

I don’t think Elle Mexico is better, their latest issues are extremely cheap and there eds are boring af. Vogue Mexico might be boring sometimes, but at least they keep selling the high fashion fantasy that Elle wish to have. Harper’s Bazaar Mx is another joke.

On the other hand, L’Officiel Mexico is a underrated jewel. Their content is extremely good (even if they fail sometimes) but makes me sad that no one cares about this edition here in the country. Also, they have a distribution problem (at least in my city) that makes the magazine difficult to find.

I didn’t see the latest issues of Elle but in general it’s a better magazine and very different from Vogue imo,maybe in the last year they changed i don’t know and L’Officiel i think is so good maybe one of the best editions, so bad they have these problems that you mention. It was stronger with her previous EIC.

This issue of Vogue is a disaster, ok maybe not a disaster but forgettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->