Vogue Mexico & Latin America May 2021 : Quannah Chasinghorse by Inez & Vinoodh

Xone

Reaction score
Cover

Ed

She is not Janet Jackson...So far this is a bad year for VM...terrible

I guess this is only a digital cover, they release their covers in the last days of the month but the edit and the interview will be featured in the may issue.

Reminds me of those Givenchy jeans ads... but worse

Strange that J Balvin is already on his second Vogue Mexico cover but Maluma who is hotter and imo more famous doesn't even have one. Guess Karla is not a fan of fashion's favourite Latin lover?

Anyway, awful set of covers, digital or not. It's never a good idea for a short man to pose behind a tall woman.

What were they thinking using that horrible black and white for the cover? The one in the eds is much better they shoud have used the cropped Balmain shot for the cover IMO.

Strange that J Balvin is already on his second Vogue Mexico cover but Maluma who is hotter and imo more famous doesn't even have one. Guess Karla is not a fan of fashion's favourite Latin lover?

Anyway, awful set of covers, digital or not. It's never a good idea for a short man to pose behind a tall woman.

He's on the cover of the current issue of GQ Mexico and Latin America. He has a terrible haircut though. Maybe it's not a good idea to have him on the cover now, hahaha. I love Karla's and Urbano's point of view for Vogue and GQ, but I don't like to see reggaeton singers on the covers of both magazines. It's not bad to reflect the Latin American culture, but I don't feel represented by these type of singers. We used to have great rock, pop, alternative and hip hop groups and singers. MTV Latin America had its golden era thanks to the good quality at the time. There's a problem with this kind of music. Their point of view about women, LGBTQ+, luxury and values are the opposites of these times. They could be so out of place about what's going on.

There's a problem with this kind of music. Their point of view about women, LGBTQ+, luxury and values are the opposites of these times. They could be so out of place about what's going on.

I didn't know this and I doubt many of their Western fans do either.

He's on the cover of the current issue of GQ Mexico and Latin America. He has a terrible haircut though. Maybe it's not a good idea to have him on the cover now, hahaha. I love Karla's and Urbano's point of view for Vogue and GQ, but I don't like to see reggaeton singers on the covers of both magazines. It's not bad to reflect the Latin American culture, but I don't feel represented by these type of singers. We used to have great rock, pop, alternative and hip hop groups and singers. MTV Latin America had its golden era thanks to the good quality at the time. There's a problem with this kind of music. Their point of view about women, LGBTQ+, luxury and values are the opposites of these times. They could be so out of place about what's going on.
There have been some efforts to change that POV that you're talking about. Bad Bunny for example is quite the metrosexual reggaeton singer who channelled Freddy Mercury not long ago by dressing completely as a woman in a music video. Whether that is heartfelt or a mere marketing stunt is up to the masses to decide. Me personally I enjoy seeing men not afraid to challenge conventional masculinity and the "macho-man" mentality of the latin culture.

^^Exactly! Multiple occasions they said they are LBTTIQ+ allies, specially Bad Bunny (and even did drag in one of his videos) and J Balvin.

There's a lot of sexism, misogynist and homophobia in latin music industry, urban music is not the problem, you can find it even in the most "romantic" songs from names like Luis Miguel or other famous male pop singers here.

^^Exactly! Multiple occasions they said they are LBTTIQ+ allies, specially Bad Bunny (and even did drag in one of his videos) and J Balvin.

There's a lot of sexism, misogynist and homophobia in latin music industry, urban music is not the problem, you can find it even in the most "romantic" songs from names like Luis Miguel or other famous male pop singers here.

Yes, maybe that's the reason that Karla likes both singers. I know about Maluma, and I've seen some of his videos and you see rich guys with lots of half naked women on the beach. It's everywhere, but I'm glad to know J Balvin (I find him more attractive than Maluma! Colombian guys are the hottest dudes in Latin America) and B.Bunny are doing some changes. That's very kind of them.

Last edited:
I know about Maluma, and I've seen some of his videos and you see rich guys with lots of half naked women on the beach.

I know. There are a lot of speculations about Maluma's sexuality and in the music business (at least for male latin singers) and sell the macho image is the only way to quit those rumors, just like Ricky Martin did years ago.

I know. There are a lot of speculations about Maluma's sexuality and in the music business (at least for male latin singers) and sell the macho image is the only way to quit those rumors, just like Ricky Martin did years ago.
That's sad. I know the case of Pablo Alboran. He's not into the same type of music (more close to Luis Miguel), but he was accepted after coming out. I saw him on the cover of spanish GQ in october, and he was featured in Vogue Spain at the same time. That was amazing. Girls still love him, and maybe they like him more. Anyway, I still find it bad to put women in bikini in your bed to cover (or no) your sexuality. Since Rock Hudson people start to change their mind. That's the reason I said they have a terrible point of view on women and LGBTQ+. But it makes me more happy to know about some singers doing the opposite. I'm a rocky-alternative guy, I saw some videos because I find them very often on the cover of these magazines, but it's always welcome to see changes happening. Of course rock and hip hop had its own dark side as well.
I skipped the last GQ (but I will buy it in some point in the next month or in june) because I'm not crazy about him. Same with Demi Lovato for Vogue. I'm not amazed with younger celebs.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I don’t like these. Something is missing.

Not even I&V can save Vogue Mexico

it looks unfinished like something you'd see from the Vogue Challenge that went on last year (?)

Btw, the supposed photoshoot with Imaam and Valentina Collado was in fact I&V’s multiple projects for V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Mexico and Japan. George Cortina also styled V Magazine’s shoots (for the Chanel Book)

The covers are fine, not amazing. Look forward the editorial.

So bad.... i blame the model and the photo editor....her mouth expression and jaw looks off.
it looks generic...it's just a girl in a dress at the beach....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->