Vogue Netherlands Iconic Issue : Kate Moss by Mario Testino

Thank you tigerrouge and darri, it really could be either of them.

It was my wishful thinking it is Zuzanna Bijoch (I'm horrible at IDing models).

The original image is from Kate Moss book by Mario Testino

taschen.com

I´m really really tired of Kate Moss, I see nothing in her and it´s been almost 30 years. They recycle her year after year but I see nothing close to what Cindy, Claudia, Linda, Christy or other supers had. They had presence and height, beauty, sex appeal, great skin and personality. I know that with top models it´s our own feeling towards them but I do believe they need skills. I see none in Moss. She has bad skin now, her body is not attractive whatsoever, she does not pose like the big supers of the 80´s and 90´s and she is heavily retouched (including here) so it´s ok I will never get her appeal but can they just stop throwing her at our throats one Vogue cover after another?

This x1000!

To me, Kate Moss is the supermodel. I love many others, but none are as iconic to me. I remember staring at photos of her in magazines when I was a little kid, in the early to mid 90s and being transfixed.

Kind of silly that they used a reprint, though. I like the photo, but it's not exactly exciting, since I think most of the magazine's readers will have seen it already. Plus, it's already kind of derivative of the Nikon ads, imo.

The inside model looks like Nadja Bender to me.

I'm not Dutch, but it appears to say "the great loves of Mick Jagger" on the front, which is what led me to believe it's Jerry Hall.

I'm not Dutch, but it appears to say "the great loves of Mick Jagger" on the front, which is what led me to believe it's Jerry Hall.

You're correct tiger, it's definitely Jerry Hall.

Jerry_Hall.jpg

photo source: dietcokeandsympathy.blogspot.com/

Pro tip: if you have to actually type out to the buyers that your issue is ~iconic~, perhaps it's not as ~iconic~ as you think it is.

Curious as to what the content will be! I still love Kate and happy she's in the cover, but disappointed it's not anything new and fresh.

i don't mean to sound unappreciative but it seems that any magazine can have "iconic issue" with kate and testino these days. it's megaboring.

Especially since they can just reprint whatever image. Why not create or celebrate their own material, I ask? Lara's jewellery cover could also qualify as an 'iconic' shot.

love the gold foil with the black and white image! so chic.

Is this a new image? looks like Vogue Paris from 10 years ago...

So... anyone got this already?

It's very difficult to get a hold of this issue, I only see Nimue's cover at all the stockists. And tomorrow the August will hit the newsstands. I don't know what's the point of releasing an issue like this if it cannot even be sourced online.

It's very difficult to get a hold of this issue, I only see Nimue's cover at all the stockists. And tomorrow the August will hit the newsstands. I don't know what's the point of releasing an issue like this if it cannot even be sourced online.

Actually it can be ordered at vogue.nl and it's called Vogue the Book (don't know why). Apparently international shipping is available, but the ordering process in Dutch was too complicated for me...

Vogue Netherlands should be ashamed to call this an iconic magazine just by using reprints :rofl:

* I'm so tired of their crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused about this issue. What is it exactly? I picked up something similar last summer in Rotterdam and I throughoutly enjoyed it, but to be honest did not understood the concept.I thought it was just a nice selection of "iconic" pictures old and new in just one magazine. Is this the same? i saw it as something totally independent from the main magazine, that I also bought at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->